Developer Brady Sullivan Admits to 21 Fire Code Violations at Coventry Mill Lofts
Friday, May 25, 2018
GoLocal had secured a copy of the 41-page report earlier on Thursday and Brady Sullivan had received a copy on Wednesday. Questions are emerging, how was the building ever given a certificate of occupancy with so many code violations that have been in existence since the building opened four years earlier.
The developer refused to answer questions about the issuance of the certificate of occupancy — the approval to open the building.
“The question regarding Certificate of Occupancy is best poised to the authority having jurisdiction and the body which issued the CO, not Brady Sullivan,” said Patti Doyle, spokeswoman for the project.
Brady Sullivan claims that they have already begun to address the violation but repeatedly refused to identify which of the 21 code violations has been corrected. The company has been ordered to make all the correction by June 29th or face legal action and potentially criminal prosecution.
“Brady Sullivan is not, at this time, disputing any violations, but since we received the report only yesterday [Wednesday], the evaluation is ongoing. We expect to meet the deadline outlined in the report,” said Doyle.
The lawyer for the more than 100 tenants and former tenants told GoLocal that the fire code violations are just another example of the poor management.
In an email from Brady Sullivan to the tenants of Harris Mill Lofts, Kim Brady wrote in part, “As always, we remain committed to the safety and well-being of our residents. At the time of Harris Mill Lofts’ opening, we met all requirements that were given to us. We are now working towards meeting the State Fire Marshal’s requirements, as well. We have and will continue to work with the State Fire Marshal to achieve full compliance.”
Presently, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has begun an investigation into the property and one physician in Rhode Island has deemed the property to be a health “cluster.” He has urged the RI Department of Health to investigate.
Related Slideshow: Harris Mill Lofts Fire Inspection Report - May 24, 2018
- “This is a Cluster” Warns Doctor of Mold & Bird Pathogens Detected at Brady Sullivan Mill
- UPDATED: Parties Battle Over Charges of “Cluster” Claims at Brady Sullivan Mill in Coventry
- 40+ Past & Existing Residents of Brady Sullivan’s Coventry Lofts Are Poised to File Complaints
- LIVE: Neronha on Immigration, Partners HealthCare, Brady Sullivan, & More
- Developer Being Sued for $60M - Brady Sullivan - Has Received Millions in RI Tax Credits
- Developer Brady Sullivan Hit with More Suits—Including Claims of Mother and Baby Impacted
- More than 100 Tenants Are Alleging Mold Exposure at Brady Sullivan’s RI Mill Complexes
- Whitcomb’s Surprise at Patinkin, & Why Brady Sullivan “Should Not Be a Developer in RI”
- Mega-Developer Brady Sullivan Hit with More Allegations
- Araujo Calls for Greater Oversight of Historic Tax Credits Following Brady Sullivan Controversies
- U.S. EPA Launches Investigation into Brady Sullivan’s Harris Mill Lofts for Lead Contamination
- “Nothing’s Being Done” in Coventry on Brady Sullivan, Says Raptakis on LIVE
- RI Health Looking at Mold Allegations at Brady Sullivan’s Coventry Lofts, Town Administrator Leaving
- Brady Sullivan Tenant Alleges Developer Trashed Art and Heirloom
- EXCLUSIVE: RI Fire Marshal Slaps Brady Sullivan with 21 Code Violations