Amazon Founder, Richest Man in the World, Bezos to Divorce Wife After 25 Years
Wednesday, January 09, 2019
the two announced on Twitter.
Bezos is the richest man in the world, currently worth about $137 billion, according to Bloomberg.
“We want to make people aware of a development in our lives. As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have died to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends. We feel incredibly lucky to have found each other and deeply grateful for every one of the years we have been married to each other. If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again,” said Bezos and his wife in a joint statement on Twitter.
They added, “We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures. Though the labels might be different, we remain a family, and we remain cherished friends.”
Bezos first met MacKenzie after interviewing her for a research job at a hedge fund, where he worked as Vice President.
After three months of dating, they got married in 1993.
Shortly after that, Bezos left his job on Wall Street and founded Amazon.
The two have four kids together, including three boys and a girl, who was adopted from China.
In November of 2018, GoLocalProv reported that Bezos and his wife donated $5 million to Crossroads Rhode Island to help fight homelessness
Latest on Amazon
Worth nearly $810 billion, Amazon is considered one of the most valuable companies in the world.
In November of 2018, the company announced that it would be building new offices in New York City and just outside of Washington D.C.
With those new offices, the company will hire more than 25,000 employees in each location, as well as, open an operations center in Nashville, Tennessee.
Amazon adds that hiring will begin in 2019.
Related Slideshow: RI Commerce’s Amazon HQ2 Pitch - 2018
- Did Commerce RI Have Another Iceland Moment in Amazon Proposal?
- CVS and Aetna Worry About UnitedHealth as Well as Amazon
- Whitcomb: All Bow to Amazon; Mainers Want More Medicaid; Money Underwater; Perfectly Awful Penthouse
- Teamsters File Federal Labor Complaint Against Amazon Partner Pinnacle in RI
- NEW: Amazon Narrows List for HQ2 to 20 - Boston Makes Cut, RI Out
- Saul Kaplan Hopes RI Can Implement Some Amazon HQ2 Ideas Even if We Fail
- RI Submits Last Minute Amazon HQ2 Proposal, Commerce Refuses to Disclose Incentives
- “Retail Prophet” Stephens on Toys “R” Us, Amazon, and More, on GoLocal LIVE
- 17 RI Experts Tell How Rhode Island Can Win Amazon HQ2
- Kaplan “Mr. Innovation” Says Providence Can Compete for Amazon as Part of a Regional Play
- Is it Good for RI, If Amazon HQ2 Goes to Boston?
- LIVE: Comedian Collins New Book Hits One of Amazon’s Bestseller Lists
- LIVE: Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, JPMorgan Healthcare Shakeup: “Nonprofit” is Key, Says Fine
- CVS Tests Membership Program — Mega Business Rivalry with Amazon is Exploding
- Amazon Go Stores Are Threatening to Eat Your Convenience Store’s Lunch & Drink Their Big Gulp, Too
- Whitcomb: Amazon’s Brilliant Ploy; America’s Minority Rule; Terror in Pawtucket; Try Common Sense
- Amazon Chooses New York City, Washington D.C. Metro for New Headquarters
- Urban Expert Renn on Amazon’s Choice of HQ2 Locations & What to Watch For Next
- Whitcomb: Brainy Brown; Stoned with Second-Hand Smoke; Boston & D.C. Most Likely Amazon HQ2 Winners
- RI Commerce Releases Amazon HQ2 Docs - Redacts Financial Incentives Offered
- Kaplan Discusses Amazon, CVS and Uber on Business Monday on LIVE
- Amazon-Partner Pinnacle Faces Federal Unfair Labor Practice Charges in RI
- Whitcomb: Walk of Life; the Fox ‘News’ Farce; Dark Facebook; Show the Amazon Bid; Party as in 2006
- Amazon Is Slashing Jobs at Whole Foods in New England Region