AG-Elect Neronha Leases Space from Democratic National Committeeman Paolino
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
The space at 33 Broad Street is owned by Weybosset Hill Investments — a limited liability corporation managed by Paolino. Space was selected by the Department of Administration. And Neronha's staff denies that the selection creates the appearance of a conflict of interest.
The office space is being used by Neronha’s transition team. Neronha is a former U.S. Attorney and his office was in another Paolino building. Neronha is a Democrat."With respect to transition, the Attorney General-Elect is committed to building a team of smart, dedicated personnel that can implement his vision of how the Office can best serve the people of Rhode Island. Every decision has been and will be guided by this principle, and nothing else, Said Blake Collins on the Neronha transition team.
Both Paolino and his wife donated $1,000 each to Neronha's campaign.
The U.S. Attorney’s office has been located in 100 Westminster Street building. That space was contracted via the General Services Administration.
Paolino is one of the largest real estate developers in Providence. It is unclear if the arrangement was publicly bid out.
Providence -- and RI -- Commercial Space
According to data provided by real estate firm Hayes and Sherry there is approximately 12 percent vacancy in downtown Providence. Other commercial real estate firms cite that vacancy rates in Northern Rhode Island are over 20 percent.
The building, which is located downtown, is adjacent to Empire and the top of Weybosset Streets. The building is assessed on the City of Providence’s tax roll at $9.2 million. Much of the building was formerly used by Johnson and Wales.
Updates 11/14/18 at 5 am.
Related Slideshow: Election Night 2018: Photos of Democratic Heaven and GOP Hell in RI
- ABC6’s “In The Arena”- One-on-One with Peter Neronha
- Is Peter Neronha Running Statewide in 2018? See What He Says on GoLocal LIVE
- “We Can’t Wrap Ourselves in Bubble-Wrap,” Says Former U.S. Attorney Neronha Following Manchester
- Sessions Dismisses RI’s US Attorney Neronha and 45 Others Appointed By Obama
- NEW: Neronha Names Barton, Romero Assistant US Attorneys for District of Rhode Island
- NEW: Neronha Will Not Discuss Compassion Center Legislation
- John Perilli: Peter Neronha, US Attorney & Rising Political Star?
- RI US Attorney Peter Neronha Appointed to Attorney General’s Advisory Committee
- Neronha Says Immigration Fraud Case Should Be Investigated, Kilmartin Has Refused
- Tuesday on LIVE: AG Candidate Neronha, Paolino on New Lofts, Lawless on Trump’s Budget
- Neronha: Access to Public Records Shouldn’t be “Cost Prohibitive,” as Pressure on Kilmartin Mounts
- AG Candidate Neronha Won’t Commit to Investigate Diocese Sexual Abuse in RI
- Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests Calls on Neronha to Launch Investigation into Diocese
- Neronha Calls for Evaluation of UHIP Program on LIVE
- Bird Scooters Need “Common Sense” Regulation, Says AG Candidate Neronha on LIVE
- LIVE: Neronha on Immigration, Partners HealthCare, Brady Sullivan, & More
- Neronha Talks About Mueller, RI Healthcare Chaos, and DACA on GoLocal LIVE
- UPDATED: Neronha is Rhode Island’s New Attorney General
- ABC6’s “In The Arena”- Jack Reed and Joe Paolino
- Paolino: Kennedy Plaza Hotel on Track to Start Construction in September
- Paolino Properties to Hold Special Building Lighting for NGA Summer Meeting
- Paolino Properties Announces Reservations Can be Made for Prov’s Case-Mead Lofts
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino and Lombardi
- LIVE: Celebrating Italian-American Women’s Culture with Daniela Mansella Paolino
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Paolino Goes 1-On-1 with Mayor Fung
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Paolino and Chafee Go One-on-One
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Paolino and Rosenbaum Go One-on-One
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Paolino and Craven Go One-on-One
- Paolino Discusses Temkin Being Posthumously Honored by AIDS Project RI
- ABC6’s “In The Arena”—Paolino Goes One-On-One with Sasse
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” - Violet, Rickman, Paolino and Fenton
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino Goes 1-On-1 with PawSox Consultant Rosentraub
- Paolino Says Case-Mead Lofts at 50% Occupancy—Before Even Opening
- Former Providence Mayor Paolino LIVE at Case Mead Lofts Prior to Official Opening
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino, Rickman, Stenhouse, Miller and Mancuso
- Sen. Miller Endorses Paolino for Democratic National Committee
- ABC’s “In The Arena” - Paolino Goes One-on-One with Lt.Gov. McKee
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino and Diossa Go One-on-One
- ABC6’s “In the Arena” - Paolino Goes One-on-One with Former AG Roberts
- Paolino, Raimondo Kick Off Construction of $30M Hilton Homewood Suites in Providence
- Paolino Properties Buys Another Major Building in Downtown Providence