After the Election, RI DOT Reimplements Washington Bridge Rehab
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) announced the reimplementation of the Washington Bridge rehab.
On Tuesday, the RIDOT announced a traffic pattern change for a section of the Washington Bridge, which carries I-195 West from East Providence to Providence.
“This change will allow for continued rehabilitation of this important structure, which is classified as structurally deficient,” said RIDOT in their press release.
Traffic Pattern Changes
According to RIDOT, on Friday, November 16 during the evening and overnight hours, the Department will restripe the bridge to provide three lanes for I-195 traffic and a lane for traffic getting on highway from Taunton Avenue/Route 44.
The new traffic pattern will be in place by 5 a.m. Saturday, November 17 and will be stay for six months.
“During the overnight work, RIDOT will temporarily close the Taunton Avenue on-ramp. Traffic will follow a signed detour using Valley Street, Warren Avenue and Broadway. Lane closures are also possible on I-195 West overnight. As part of this project, the Gano Street off-ramp (Exit 3) will remain closed. These changes are necessary to create a safe work zone in which RIDOT can begin rehabilitation of the northern half of the Washington Bridge in the shortest amount of time,” said RIDOT in their press release.
According to RIDOT, it has been over 20 years since the last major rehabilitation of the westbound bridge.
Related Slideshow: Election Night 2018: Photos of Democratic Heaven and GOP Hell in RI
- RIDOT Says Sidewalk Restrictions Needed for East Bay Bike Path Bridges
- RIDOT Announces Paving Schedule for South & North Main Streets in Providence
- RIDOT Breaks Ground on New Segment of Blackstone River Bikeway in Woonsocket
- RIDOT Says I-295 Renumbering Program Starts Next Week
- RIDOT Selects Kapsch as Contractor for Tolling Program
- RI Trucking Assoc. Refutes RIDOT’s Defense for Placing Toll on Oxford Street Bridge
- Rhode Island’s Truck Tolls Approved by Feds, According to RIDOT
- RIDOT Accepting Proposals for New Pawtucket Commuter Rail Station
- Raimondo, RIDOT Announce Opening of Blackstone River Bikeway Segment
- RIDOT Announces Upcoming Bridge Closures
- Morgan Questions Effectiveness of RIDOT Spending for Providence Viaduct Bridge
- Federal Hill Frustration Mounts Over Lack of “Little Italy” Progress with RIDOT
- RIDOT to Remove I-95 Lane Splits in Providence This Weekend
- NEW: RIDOT To Rollback Some of 195 Changes to Alleviate Traffic Chaos