LIVE: STYLEWEEK Features 15 Local and National Designers
Friday, September 08, 2017
STYLEWEEK Northeast will feature local and nationally recognized designers.
“All of these collections you’re going to be seeing on the STYLEWEEK runway will be for spring of 2018, so never been photographed before,” says Rosanna Ortiz, Founder and CEO of STYLEWEEK Northeast, “a lot of the designers we have are very, very different from one another, so I’m very proud of that.”
Ortiz says 15 designers will be showcased throughout the event including Project Runway alumna Peach Carr, Yona Love who is known for inclusive sizing, Deanna Marie, Masen Fox and Providence based Jess Abernathy.
STYLEWEEK Northeast will also highlight The SEED Student Design Challenge, featuring collections from five student designers. Ortiz says the competition gives students the experience of a professional trade runway show and an opportunity to learn how to cultivate their brand in the industry.
STYLEWEEK Northeast runs September 20-23 at the Rhode Island Convention Center.
Related Slideshow: 20 Things to Look Forward to This Fall in New England - 2018
Pumpkin Picking at Jaswell's Farm
The fall season signifies the return of pumpkins. Pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie and most of all pumpkin picking.
Pumpkin picking is a timeless event for families, especially those with young kids who will love to just run around and grab whichever pumpkin looks good to them.
Leaf Peeping at Green Mountain National Forest
One of the cool things about the fall season is the leaves on the trees and the colors that they change too.
According to smokeymountain.com, prime foliage season in New England is late September into early October.
Look forward to an enjoyable walk around the neighborhood and see how many different colors you can pick out, or just enjoy the beauty.
West Springfield, MA
The Big E in West Springfield, Massachusetts features a circus spectacular, Mardi Gras parade, agricultural competitions, arts & crafts, food contests, live music, and midway.
The Big runs from September 14 to September 30.
The Great Pumpkin Festival at the EcoTarium in Worcester is a must attend this fall in New England.
The event features more than 1000 carved pumpkins, live entertainment, family fun with trick-or-treating, displays and more.
Sam Adams Octoberfest Beer
Across New England
One of the fun things about the changing of seasons is the changing of beer flavors and with fall comes Sam Adams Octoberfest.
The Oktoberfest idea was born in 1810 when Munich celebrated the Crown Prince's wedding with a 16-day party with a special beer.
Sam Adams builds off of that idea with a beer that is perfect for the season.
The Phantom Gourmet Food Festival is an event to look forward too and it will be held on September 22 from 12- 4 p.m. on two streets next to Fenway Park.
Tickets are $40 in advance and online and will go up to $50 at the event.
The ticket includes sampling 100 of Phantom's foods from hot dogs and pizza to pulled pork and more. Beer and wine will be served on the street.
The New England Patriots Return
The NFL returns and that means that the New England Patriots are back.
The Patriots have won two of the last four Super Bowls and are among the favorites to win another one this season.
The Patriots kick off their season on Sunday, September 9 at 1 p.m. against the Houston Texans.
Apple Picking at Burtt's Apple Orchard
A great fall family event, especially those with young kids, is apple picking.
Nothing more fun than grabbing the nicest looking apple that you can find, giving it a quick wash off and then biting into it. Delicious.
Filled with great music and even better food, the Columbus Day Festival is a fall event to look forward to every season.
The feast will take place from October 6 through October 8.
Fall Boat Ride to Block Island
Block Island, RI
Though the summer weather is winding down, there is still great weather coming and great opportunities to get on the ferry and head over to Block Island for the day, or maybe even multiple days.
Fall trips to Block Island are something to look forward too.
Click here for more information.
For those nights, or days, where it's just a bit cooler out, there is nothing more comfortable than throwing on a fleece jacket and settling in for a fun day ahead.
The arrival of fall means it's time to start breaking those jackets out.
Drinking Apple Cider From Pippin Orchard
Can't you already taste it? The sweet taste of apple cider returns with the fall season.
Head over to your local market and buy some, or maybe you know how to make your own or have your own recipe. Either way, drinking apple cider is something to look forward too.
Attend Waterfire in Providence
Summer may be nearing the end, but Waterfire continues into the fall.
Waterfire is the premiere event in Providence and if you haven't gotten to one yet during the summer or fall season, now is the time to plan.
Waterfire is a great night out with different vendors, music and other entertainment lining the city streets while the river is lit up by the fire. For a really romantic and fun night, hop on a gondola ride.
The Return of Your Favorite TV Shows
One of the down sides of summer is that there is very little to watch on TV as far as new shows go. Thank goodness for Netflix and or HBO on demand.
However, the return of the fall season means the return of all the popular TV shows like Gotham, Game of Thrones, Arrow and several others.
Look forward to having something to watch at night after a long day at work.
Celebrating Halloween at Factory of Terror
Who isn't looking forward to celebrating the Halloween season at the Factory of Terror in Worcester?
The Factory of Terror consists of five different attractions including Dracula's HIdeaway, Phobia Mayhem, Zombie Alley and much more.
Fall Golf at Harbor Lights
The end of Summer does not mean the end of golf season.
The fall is a great time of year for golfing at Harbor Lights or any of the courses across the state.
The fall offers some of the best-golfing weather of the year, not too hot and not too cold.
Golf season has not left.
Harpoon Brewery will hold their 28th annual Octoberfest from September 28 through September 29.
The event will feature Harpoon brews, bratwursts, chicken dancing and German chocolate cake eating contests as well as Oompah music.
Harpoon Brewery is located at 306 Northern Ave in Boston.
Click here for more information or for tickets.
Elton John's Farewell Tour at TD Garden
Rock n' Roll legend Elton John is bringing his farewell tour to Boston's TD Garden on October 6.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to see one of the greatest of all time sing songs such as "Bennie & the Jets," "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," and more.
PHOTO: David Shankbone/wikipedia
Dive into history at King Richard's Faire, New England's oldest and largest Renaissance Festival and most beloved annual fall event. Dress up, play games and learn a lot at a fair that is a great fall event for the entire family.
The Fair runs from September 1 through October 21.
What better way to spend a fall evening than strolling through Roger Williams Park Zoo and viewing some cool Jack-O-Lanterns.
The Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular at Roger Williams Park is a Rhode Island and New England Fall staple featuring thousands of illuminated pumpkins from October 4 to November 4.
- LIVE: Professor Talks About Students at Salve Regina Work on Cyber Defense Study
- LIVE: Preserving Vintage Video Games At Rhode Island Computer Museum
- LIVE: iLuminate Dance Captain, Lisa Bauford, Talks Tech & Dance Steps
- LIVE: Pitts-Wiley on Exult Choir’s 10th Annual ‘Greatness of Gospel’ Concert
- LIVE: Tony Estrella on The Gamm’s 2017-2018 Season
- LIVE: Data From URI Shark Research Suggests Mako Sharks Are Overfished
- LIVE: Newport Historical Society Hosts Reenactment of British Occupation of Newport’s Old Quarter
- LIVE: Filmmaker Ana Gonzalez on her RI Hip-Hop Documentary, “Almost Dope”
- LIVE: 19-Year-Old Singer/Songwriter Rennick Overcomes Chronic Disease to Headline at Met Cafe
- GoLocal LIVE: Central Falls Supt Capellan on Opportunities—and Challenges—This School Year
- LIVE: Dutra Talks About Over 40 Years of Dance Education at The Carolyn Dutra Dance Studio
- LIVE: Brussat Talks New Book, “Lost Providence” - Warns Providence of New Development
- LIVE:The Community String Project Gives Children & Adults Chances to Learn String Instruments
- LIVE: Harvard Study Shows Link To Breast Cancer Risk & Exposure to Outdoor Light at Night
- LIVE: Roots Rock Singer/Songwriter Kellogg Kicks Off New Tour at The Met Cafe
- LIVE: Pnuehaus Design Collective Shows Off Inflatable Public Art at Pawtucket Arts Festival
- LIVE: Pletcher Gives a Preview of First Works’ 2017-18 Season
- LIVE: The Fiddle is a Family Tradition with Natalie MacMaster, Plays this Weekend in RI
- LIVE: Drone Classes Now Offered at One Local College
- LIVE: DARE Calls on RI Housing to Make Greater Effort to Address Affordable Housing
- LIVE: Latest on ACLU Medical Marijuana Battle Against Smithfield
- LIVE: RI’s Pontenza on How Rhythm & Roots Festival Saved & Launched Her Career
- Organize LIVE: 10 Ways to Simplify Your Laundry Routine
- LIVE: Find More Time In Your Day With Efficiency Expert Kristin MacRae