United Way of RI Calling for Annual Day of Action Volunteers
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
United Way of Rhode Island is asking for volunteers for their 2017 Annual Day of Action.
The Annual Day of Action is set for Saturday, June 10 at United Way of RI’s Valley Street headquarters in Providence.
Volunteering at Annual Day of Action
Volunteers will sort, label, and pack books — preparing them for distribution to children across the state.
There are three shifts available for volunteers: 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a. m., 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Volunteers will be treated to a light lunch.
Last summer 119 volunteers sorted 40,000 books at this family friendly event; with your help this year will be even more successful.
Related Slideshow: United Way Grantees - 2016-2019
- United Way of RI Announces $12 Million in Grants to be Awarded From 2016-19
- United Way of RI to Host Housing Summit on March 14
- United Way of RI Announces $3.1 Million in Grants to Kick Off New Grant Cycle
- United Way of RI Announces Two New Hires and a Staff Promotion
- United Way of RI Recognizes Tocqueville Society Members at 30th Anniversary
- United Way of RI Now Accepting Applications for Nonprofit Funding
- United Way of RI Presents Annual Community Awards
- RI Free Clinic Receives $150,000 Grant From United Way of RI
- United Way of RI Presents Awards to Campaign Leaders of Local Companies
- United Way of RI Announces 20 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Sites
- United Way of RI Selects 11 Leaders to Executive Director Learning Circle Series
- United Way of RI Awards $90K in Grants to Olneyville Community
- United Way of RI Launching Executive Director Learning Series
- United Way of RI’s Miccoli Selected to National 2-1-1 U.S. Steering Committee
- United Way of RI Awards $155,000 in Grants for Safe, Healthy & Affordable Housing
- United Way of RI & Books Are Wings Team Up to Host 6th Annual Book Drive