slides: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 1
Friday, July 01, 2016
Events include fireworks of course at Newport Harbor, you can even watch them from a boat, and a clambake at Fort Adams. Plus so much more.
To help you figure out which event to go to and when, GoLocalProv has put together a complete guide of what to do and when in the slideshow below.
See the Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend in the Slideshow Below!
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - July 1, 2016
July 4th Weekend Kickoff Clambake
Start July 4th weekend off right with a clambake at Fort Adams.
The clambake will host consist of New England food favorites as well as an open bar with Newport Storm Beer, plus games and music.
The event runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Happy Hour at Pearl Bar
Pearl Bar in Duris Studios is hosting Happy Hour starting at 5 p.m. and going to 8 p.m.
Learn about different types of pearls and create your own custom strand while you relax with a drink.
Award Winning Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Get over to Firehouse Theater at 4 Equality Park Place in Newport to watch the award winning improv comedy of The Bit Players.
The show begins at 8 p.m. and is BYOB.
Start at the top - 1/2 price Raw Bar at Hotel Viking
The title says it all, 1/2 price raw bar at the Hotel Viking every Friday until September from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
"Seascapes and Herd of Elephants" Opening Reception at DeBlois Gallery
Opening reception for the new exhibition: Seascapes and Herd of Elephants" featuring paintings by Tom Martinelli and scuptures by Rodie Siegler.
Admission is Free.
Yoga on the Rooftop at the Vanderbilt Grace
Relax on the roof at the Vanderbilt Grace and do some yoga.
Sessions go from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and cost $15 to attend.
Our Kind of Traitor at Jane Pickens Theater
A couple find themselves lured into a Russian oligarch's plans to defect are soon positioned between the Russian Mafia and the British Secret Service, neither of whom they can trust.
The movie starts Ewan McGregor and shows recur daily.
21 Gun Salute
The 21 gun salute will take place at noon at Washington Square and is FREE to attend.
The 21 guns will come in the form of cannons cast in Paul Revere's foundry.
Newport 4th of July Fireworks
Newport Harbor will put on a firework display that you don't want to miss on Independence Day.
The firework display will start at 9:15 p.m.
4th of July Fireworks Sail at Newport Harbor
Enjoy a sunset sail through Newport Harbor followed by a spectacular fireworks display from the best view in town, aboard Schooner Aurora. BYOB.
The event goes from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.
You don't want to miss out on this experience.
- Newport Jazz Festival Awarded $100,000 Leadership Grant
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Talking to The Technology
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 20
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Returning to Work Job Interview
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 24
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 13, 2016
- Robert Redford Thanks Newport for Great Filmmaking Experience
- People’s Credit Union Receives Excellence in Business Award From Newport Chamber
- Newport Gulls Promote Nick Lima to Director of Baseball Operations
- Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 6
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: STD Sharing Information
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: How to Make Conversation
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 3
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show 2016
- 4Faiths Tour of Newport Announces Walking Tour “4faiths, 4landmarks”
- Bob Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: EU, Newport NIMBYs, and Obamacare
- Former Newport Mayor Winthrop to Run for Newport City Council At-Large
- Vineyard Café Opens at Newport Vineyards—The New Restaurant Offers Lunch Service
- Newport Manners & Manners: How Not To Be Rude
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 10
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo 2016 - Newport Smart Casual
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 17