Three RI Health Centers Receive Nearly $3 Million to Expand Services
Friday, May 06, 2016
“Community health centers are a vital source of health care for many families. This federal funding will expand high-quality primary and preventive care options for thousands of Rhode Islanders who need them most,” said U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse.
Nationwide, HHS estimates that this federal funding, which comes from the Affordable Care Act's Community Health Center Fund will allow health centers to provide care to more than 800,000 new patients.
U.S. Senator Jack Reed added, “this is another example of the Affordable Care Act's positive impact on Rhode Island. I am pleased these community health centers are receiving additional federal funds to continue to effectively serve local residents and provide comprehensive, integrated care. This is a smart investment that will help provide patients with better quality health care in a more efficient manner"
Health Centers React
"We are extremely excited about receiving this grant, and want to thank our entire federal delegation for their continue support,” said Joanne McGunagle, President and CEO, Comprehensive Community Action (CCAP).
“We are most appreciative of the efforts of our Congressional delegation for their continued support of health centers. Our HRSA funding will help Blackstone establish the nation's first Neighborhood Health Station in Central Falls. We look forward to great accomplishments with the help of this federal funding,” said Ray Lavoie, Executive Director, Blackstone Valley Community Health Care.
“The Providence Community Health Centers are very happy to receive this grant as it will allow us to add additional exam rooms and clinical support space needed to meet our growing patient's needs. We also thank our entire Rhode Island Congressional delegation as their continued support make grants like this possible, and directly impact our community,” said Merrill Thomas, CEO and President, Providence Community Health Centers.
- CF Mayor Diossa Brings on Dr. MIchael Fine as Community Health Advisor
- Smart Benefits: 10 Days to Shop for New HealthSource Plan for Jan. 1
- Balancing Act: Walking the Line Between Work and Play for Healthy Teen Development
- CharterCARE Opens New Integrated Behavioral Health Center in Providence
- Women & Infants Opens Sexual Health Center for Cancer Patients
- Major Education and Healthcare Collaboration in RI on Neuroscience Research
- GoLocalTV: Brown President Paxson Speaks on Racial Health Disparities
- Delta Dental RI Donates Over $1 Million to Help Meet Oral Health Care Needs
- The Disconnect Between Gun Deaths and Mental Health
- Care New England is Moving Towards Deal with South Coast Health Systems
- Watchdog Group Questions Conflict of Interest at Neighborhood Health Plan
- 25 Heart-Healthy Foods
- Neighborhood Health Plan of RI Welcoming Former UnitedHealth Members
- UnitedHealth Group to Leave Markets Participating in Obamacare
- See the List: 25 Chain Supermarkets in RI with the Most Health Violations
- 25 RI Supermarkets with the Highest Number of Health Violations
- CRF Frozen Foods Recalls Frozen Vegetables Due to Potential Health Risk
- Powdered Alcohol, Criminal Injuries & Healthy School Lunch: This Week at the State House
- Dogs With the Most Health Issues
- Sherman Named New HealthSource RI Director
- Lady Antebellum to Perform at CVS Health Charity Classic Benefit Concert
- Wright’s Farm Working With RI Dept. of Health Regarding Possible Norovirus Case
- Neighborhood Health Plan Working to Repay Federal Funds in Medicaid Overpayments
- Care New England & Southcoast Health Move Closer to Affiliation