Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Tentative Agreement
Sunday, September 18, 2016
The wording of the agreement still needs to be worked out and if there is anything we’ve learned by watching and listening to Elorza over the course of his public life it is that what he states publicly is seldom what he does in practice. I’m afraid that he rushed the announcement of the tentative agreement for the media without even knowing whether the details are actually agreed upon. There are a lot of details that could be real sticking points for the membership of the union.
While I am not a member of Local 799 anymore due to my retirement, I would have at least one big problem with what has been reported so far. There has been nothing said about the management side of the department – headquarters. It is currently being run by three people who continue to have absolutely zero experience or knowledge of the fire service or running a fire department.
I would tie my vote for approval to the firing of Public Safety Commissioner/Fire Chief Steven Pare, Assistant Commissioner of Public Safety Michael O’Toole and PFD Investigative Chief Trinque. How can the membership of the union, and union leaders, be expected to sign an ongoing agreement while these three clowns remain in complete control of their (firefighters) department? I know that I wouldn’t.
Pare, on numerous occasions, spoke of “his” plan of reorganization of the PFD. He is the one who came up with the outrageous 3-platoon system that has never been used in any fire department in this country before. It was completely unmanageable from the very start but he stood by this plan. How can the mayor allow this person make further decisions regarding the PFD going forward? Even if there is a new Fire Chief brought on to work under Pare he (Pare) would still retain ultimate control. He, and his cohorts, needs to go!
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rob Goldman: Sanders’ Fight Far From Being Over
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Speaker Mattiello: Sustained Effort Will Make us Stronger
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sen. Sheehan: Passage of Ethics Reform is Great News for RI
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Elorza Leading Charge Against the PFD
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Regunberg: A Way Forward on Solitary Confinement Reform
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: The PFD Post Incident Report
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Serpa: House Oversight Seeks More Efficient State Government
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tomasso: Our State of Addiction
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Sasse: Unlocking Opportunity By Reinventing The War On Poverty
- “The Raymond Rembrandt” - Guest MINDSETTER™ Anthony Amore
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Pare’s Abuse of Power
- Guest MINDSETTER™ DiPalma & Bann: Rhode Islanders Can be Proud of Children’s Health Improvements
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: PFD Organizational Chart
- Guest Mindsetter™ Dr. Carriuolo: How Commerce Corp is Making RI More Business Friendly
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Lawton: Mattiello is Steering State Down Dangerous Road
- Guest Mindsetter™ Morse: Panhandling Reality Check
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: Elorza’s Incompetence
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Bilotta: Educating the Community is the Key to Combating Addiction
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Maciel: A Proposal to Help Improve Our Local Economy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Kenneth Dulgarian: Memo to Mayor Elorza
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Ajello: Why I Voted Against the “Revenge Porn” Bill
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rep. Morgan: Rhode Islanders Deserve Better
- Renewable Energy vs. Journal’s Censorship, Guest MINDSETTER™ Seth Handy
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Tom Kenney: All Lives Matter
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Rich Pezzillo: Kennedy Plaza’s Neighbors, A Community for Change