Whitehouse to Give Weinstein’s $1,000 Donation to Day One in Providence
Saturday, October 07, 2017
“The Senator’s campaign is donating Mr. Weinstein’s $1,000 contribution from 2011 to Day One, a Providence organization that supports victims of sexual assault,” said Meaghan McCabe, RI Press Secretary for U.S. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse.
Hollywood was rocked this week when a New York Times investigative report found that movie producer Weinstein has been allegedly been sexually harassing female actors and then paying to keep quiet for decades.
Weinstein has produced movies such as Pulp Fiction, Clerks, The Crying Game, and Sex, Lies, and Videotape. He was the co-founder of Miramax.
He is one of the mega Hollywood and Broadway forces and a big giver to Democratic politicians.
Potential Presidential candidates Senators Elizabeth Warren and Corey Booker both announced they would donate Weinstein contributions.
The Board of the Weinstein Company has hired a private investigator to look into the growing number of sexual harassment claims against Weinstein.
- NAACP Youth Council’s McCloud on Sen. Whitehouse, Helping Harvey Victims, and More
- Dear Senator Whitehouse: You Can Walk Back Your Support of Power Plant “Process”
- Whitehouse Gives Trump Failing Grade in “Drain the Swamp” Report Card
- New Poll Shows Senator Whitehouse Vulnerable
- Sheldon Whitehouse’s “White Only” Summer Beach Club
- Top Whitehouse Staffer is Also Long-time Member of All-White Bailey’s Beach Club
- Guest MINDSETTER™Taub: Senators Reed & Whitehouse Stab Israel in the Back AGAIN
- Whitehouse Questions Ethics Office About White House Ethics Officer’s Conflicts of Interest
- Whitehouse Faces Angry Crowd of Hundreds at Nathan Bishop Middle School in Providence
- ABC6’s “In The Arena” Talks Trump, Senator Whitehouse Protest, and 38 Studios
- GAO Begins Investigation into Mar-a-Lago at Request of Sen. Whitehouse
- EDITORIAL: Do as I Say, Not as I Invest, Says Sheldon Whitehouse
- Sen. Whitehouse Was Investor in For-Profit Charter School Company
- Horowitz: Whitehouse Leads the Way on National Prison Reform
- Sheldon Whitehouse And Other Senators To Hold Talk On Criminal Justice Reform
- Marine Science Expert Whitehouse to Speak at Tech Talk
- Moore: Whitehouse Should Defend Association With Bailey’s
- VIDEO: U.S. Senator Whitehouse Won’t Quit All-White Exclusive Private Club
- Exclusion, Whitehouse, and Bailey’s Beach - Guest MINDSETTER™ Mike Araujo
- Minority Leaders Speak Out on Whitehouse’s Membership to All-White Bailey’s Beach
- Whitehouse Refuses to Answer Questions on All White Club, Family is One of Largest Shareholders