NEW: RI Gets $15M for Sandy-Related Road Repair
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
In a joint statement, U.S. Senators Jack Reed and Sheldon Whitehouse and U.S. Representatives Jim Langevin and David Cicilline all heralded the news.
“These federal funds will help RIDOT make necessary repairs and rebuild roads that were damaged by Sandy,” the group said.
The package comes as part of the Superstorm Sandy Supplemental Appropriations bill and increases the total money given by Congress to $60.4 billion. The funding package included federal aid to help homeowners, business, and communities recover, and resources to rebuild coastal, transportation, and clean water infrastructure.
According to estimates by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Rhode Islanders have submitted over 1,000 claims of storm damage as a result of Sandy and has already received over $14.9 million from FEMA to close roughly 40 percent of all flood claims.
- Hurricane Sandy in Pictures From GoLocal Readers
- NEW: Langevin & Cicilline Blast GOP Over Hurricane Sandy Funds
- RI Baby Gear Company Sends Aid To Moms + Newborns Hit By Sandy
- NEW: Langevin Says More Needs to be Done After Passage of Sandy Relief Bill
- LEGAL MATTERS: Post-Hurricane Sandy Insurance + Repairs
- NEW: National Grid Restores Power for 50% of Customers Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- MUSIC: Dan Bern Soothes Local 121 in Sandy Hook Concert
- NEW: Newport Back In Business After Hurricane Sandy
- Major Unemployment Assistance Underway for those Affected by Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: RI Will Get $3.2 Million for Sandy Recovery
- College Admissions: Deadline Changes From Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: FEMA Offers Crisis Counseling For RIers After Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: Rhode Island to Receive $3 Million Federal Aid for Hurricane Sandy Recovery
- Family Matters: 12 Ways to Help Hurricane Sandy Victims
- NEW: Feds Warn of Hurricane Sandy Fraud
- NEW: Serve RI Calls for Post-Sandy Volunteers at URI
- How City and Towns are Handling Hurricane Sandy
- NEW: Ghiorse - Son of Sandy on the Way to New England
- Ocean House To Host Black & White Ball For Hurricane Sandy Relief