Ethics Commission: No Conflict for Raimondo
Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Prior to her election, Raimondo served as a partner in Port Judith from 2001-2010. Back in 2007, the state entered into a 10-year contract with the firm. The investment, however, is a “passive” one, meaning that after signing into the agreement, the State Investment Commission (SIC) has no say in the fund’s ongoing management—making it highly unlikely that any matter relating to Point Judith would actually come before the SIC.
Since her election, Raimondo has taken a series of steps to distance herself from Point Judith. In addition to her resignation from all official positions, Raimondo has also placed all her remaining rights, title and interest in the fund into a blind trust. The trust will exist for the duration of her time as treasurer, and it is to be managed solely by a third-party trustee, without any participation by Raimondo.
Furthermore, Raimondo has also said that she will recuse from any matters coming before her office involving Point Judith. Upon her recusal, such matters will be handled by the Director of the Department of the administration, the ex officio Secretary of the SIC.
- BREAKING NEWS: Raimondo Chooses Langevin Staffer to Be Spokesperson
- BREAKING NEWS: Raimondo Makes First Appointments
- Campaign Update – Raimondo Plans Financial Institute
- Chafee and Raimondo: Half of Appointees Are Lobbyists
- Exclusive: Raimondo Releases First Campaign Ad
- GoLocal Voter’s Guide - GT Candidates: Gina Raimondo
- King Charges: Raimondo Violates Campaign Pledge
- King Releases Tax Returns, Raimondo Won’t
- King Releases Tax Returns, Says Raimondo Refuses To
- King Says Raimondo Will Lead RI Into ‘Bankruptcy’
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Raimondo Wins with Highest Percentage of Votes 11:35 PM
- NEW: Raimondo to Answer Calls Regarding Unclaimed Property
- Raimondo Beats King in Fundraising Race
- Raimondo Expands Staff
- Raimondo Explains Why She Won’t Release Tax Returns
- Raimondo Names Transition Team
- Raimondo Releases Financial Information
- Raimondo on Creating Financial Independence
- Raimondo: Already Gearing up for 2014 Run?
- Raimondo: Democrats Prevented Second Great Depression
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.