The Illusionist’s Hobson Performs “Trickster” Magic on LIVE
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Hobson spoke to why he believes magic appeals to people of all ages -- and why its popularity endures, as The Illusionists is the world’s best-selling magic show.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in RI This Weekend - January 19, 2018
After Work Record & Dance Party at The Parlour
Stop by the Parlour for an old-school record party.
Bring 45s or play theirs --spin records, dance, hang out--just like old times.
The event is open to all ages--kids can play records too.
Record dealers will be there to swap or sell 45s
The event goes from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Yale vs Brown at Pizzitola Center
The Brown Bears will play their Ivy League home opener on Friday night when they host Yale at the Pizzitola Center.
The Bears lost to Yale last week in Connecticut and will look to even the season series.
Brown enters the game with a record of 7-7 overall and 0-1 in the Ivy League.
Game time is set for 8 p.m.
Magic Dick of J. Geils Band and Shun Ng at Courthouse Center for Arts
Magic Dick is a member of the J. Geils Band and known all over the world. Shun Ng is a virtuoso guitar player, as well as a winner of the Boston Music Award and the Buddy Holly Foundation Award.
He and Magic Dick have played nationwide performing tunes from the J. Geils Band, classic blues covers, and originals.
You’ll be wowed by their musical skills.
The show goes from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Creighton vs PC Basketball at Dunkin' Donuts Center
The Providence College men's basketball team will look to make it four straight wins on Saturday when they host Creighton at the Dunkin' Donuts Center.
The Friars are 13-6 overall and 4-2 in the Big East, putting them in third place in the conference.
Game time is set for 3 p.m.
The Illusionists at PPAC
The Illusionists is one of the best-selling magic shows in the world.
This show is packed with thrilling and sophisticated magic of unprecedented proportions.
This show is one that you can not miss.
The show begins at 7:30 p.m.
Neil Berg's 100 Years of Broadway at The Vets
100 Years of Broadway recreates moments from the best shows of the century featuring the actual stars of shows like The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, CATS, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Jekyll & Hyde.
Neil Berg is the composer/lyricist of the hit off-Broadway musical The Prince and the Pauper, which ran for two years at the Lamb’s Theater in New York City.
The event begins at 7 p.m.
Meet Your Maker at Hope & Main
Meet Your Maker market features our Member companies and often times, a farmer or two. Market-goers enjoy a lively, bustling marketplace filled to the brim with delicious food and drinks.
Meet Your Maker is a chance for the community to get an inside look Rhode Island’s food manufacturing economy.
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Providence Restaurant Weeks Continue
Providence Restaurant Weeks features nearly 100 restaurants across the state.
Three-course lunches cost just $16.95, and three-course dinners are $29.95 or $34.95, with several restaurants offering 2-for-1 specials.
Providence Restaurant Weeks runs from January 14 to January 27.
- Friday on LIVE: Emerge Political Director Gholar & Kreger of Luluna Kombucha
- LIVE: Emerge America’s Gholar on Surge of Women Running For Political Office
- LIVE: Luluna Kombucha Co-Owner Kreger On Brewing Kombucha In RI
- LIVE: Raptakis on PawSox Vote, Line-Item Veto Legislation, and More
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Brown’s Care New England Play and Why Oprah Won’t Run
- LIVE: Actress Huffman Performs “I’m Too Fat For This Show” at Prov. Improv Guild
- Wednesday on LIVE: Darrell West, Artist Burko, & Cassell of Blount Fine Foods
- LIVE: New England Tech’s Sherman on Top 20 U.S. News and World Report Ranking
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s “State of Corrections”—Retiring Head of Prisons A.T. Wall
- Thursday on LIVE: USA Women’s Hockey Capt. Duggan & DOC Director A.T. Wall
- LIVE: 6 Ways To Get Organized In The New Year
- LIVE: Regunberg on Single-Payer Legislation & Addressing High Costs of Prescription Drugs
- Monday on LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Finn, Stokes of RI Black Heritage Society
- LIVE: 30 Minute Organizing Projects With MacRae of Organizing in RI
- Thursday on LIVE: Social Enterprise Greenhouse & Lastrina of Knead Donuts
- LIVE: RI Chapter of the Women’s March Hold’s Rally at State House Saturday
- LIVE: RI-Based Hope & Change for Haiti’s Germain Addresses Trump Remarks, Need for Action
- LIVE: Knead Doughnuts Celebrates One Year, Expands Products & Services
- LIVE: RI-Israel Collaborative’s Nevel on Upcoming “Doing Business in Israel” Event at Bryant
- Wednesday on LIVE: Mionetto USA’s MacLeod, Chen of Ken’s Ramen & Nevel of RI-Israel Collaborative
- LIVE: Providence-Based Writer Hartnett On Novel “Rabbit Cake”
- Tuesday on LIVE: NEEDTOBREATHE’s Lovelace & RI Democratic Party’s Olasanoye
- LIVE: “Visible Cloth, Invisible Bodies” Art Exhibit at URI Focuses on RI’s Ties to Slavery
- LIVE: Needtobreathe’s Lovelace Creates Family Friendly Music on Solo Album
- Friday on LIVE: Hobson of the ILLUSIONISTS, James-Gómez of RI for Community & Justice