“Providence Captured My Heart” - JWU Graduate and Poet Combs on LIVE
Saturday, January 13, 2018
Poet and spoken word artist Combs, originally from Southside Jamaica Queens, NY, will be doing a reading and book signing at Books on the Square at 471 Angell Street on Saturday at 3 p.m.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in RI This Weekend - January 12, 2018
Bring Your Own Improv's Family Friendly Comedy
This interactive improv show welcomes voluntary audience participation.
You can participate in one of three ways: Applaud at a scene you like, yell out fantastic suggestions, or if you feel you’re ready, jump up and get involved with us on stage.
The event goes from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Introduction to Silkscreen at AS220
This one-day course is a comprehensive introduction to screen printing.
Participants will design, print and exchange a one or two-color print with a maximum dimension of 8″ x 10.”
The morning will be dedicated to designing and creating stencils by hand or using the laser copier. In the afternoon, participants will learn the proper techniques, layer registration, and troubleshooting. At the end of the workshop, participants will exchange prints.
The class goes from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
URI vs St. Bonaventure at Ryan Center
The URI Rams have won seven straight games entering Saturday's matchup against A-10 rival St. Bonaventure at the Ryan Center.
The Rams are currently 12-3 overall and 4-0 in conference play.
Game time is set for 11 a.m.
Damont Combs Poetry Book Signing at Books on the Square
Providence-based poet Damont Combs partners with Books on the Square to read from his two books, My Poem...My Riddle and A Touch of Orange.
After reciting there will be a Book Signing. Books will be available at the event for purchase
The signing goes from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Providence Restaurant Weeks Begins
Providence Restaurant Weeks features nearly 100 restaurants across the state.
Three-course lunches cost just $16.95, and three-course dinners are $29.95 or $34.95, with several restaurants offering 2-for-1 specials.
Providence Restaurant Weeks runs from January 14 to January 27.
The Bodyguard at PPAC
This award-winning musical stars Grammy® Award-nominee and R&B superstar Deborah Cox.
Former Secret Service agent turned bodyguard, Frank Farmer, is hired to protect superstar Rachel Marron from an unknown stalker.
The show is at 7 p.m.
- Monday on LIVE: US Olympian Hamlin, Rancourt of Rhode Races
- LIVE: Providence City Council President Salvatore Talks 2018 Finances & Goals
- LIVE: Creating Accent Walls With Interior Design Expert Garceau
- LIVE: 3-Steps To Starting A Running Routine in 2018
- Tuesday on LIVE: COAAST Founder Bell, Storyteller Tutson & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding on EPA, Climate Change, Budgets and More
- LIVE: RI Author-Illustrator Bradley Shows Her Debut Book “LOVE, MAMA”
- LIVE: New Printshop & Media Arts Workshops Offered at AS220
- Friday on LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding & Prov City Council President Salvatore
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Wolff’s White House Book & Marijuana Laws
- LIVE: How Addiction Impacts Family With Kandarian of COAAST
- LIVE: U.S. Olympian Hamlin on Historic Career & 2018 Winter Games
- LIVE: Rhode Island Original Supports Community Fitness With Each Sale
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Brown’s Care New England Play and Why Oprah Won’t Run
- LIVE: Actress Huffman Performs “I’m Too Fat For This Show” at Prov. Improv Guild
- Friday on LIVE: Emerge Political Director Gholar & Kreger of Luluna Kombucha
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s “State of Corrections”—Retiring Head of Prisons A.T. Wall
- LIVE: Emerge America’s Gholar on Surge of Women Running For Political Office
- LIVE: 6 Ways To Get Organized In The New Year
- Thursday on LIVE: USA Women’s Hockey Capt. Duggan & DOC Director A.T. Wall
- LIVE: COAAST Founder Talks Addiction Support, & Owning Our Story
- LIVE: RI Black Storytellers Celebrates its 20th Annual Funda Festival
- Wednesday on LIVE: Darrell West, Artist Burko, & Cassell of Blount Fine Foods
- LIVE: New England Tech’s Sherman on Top 20 U.S. News and World Report Ranking
- LIVE: Luluna Kombucha Co-Owner Kreger On Brewing Kombucha In RI