Pat’s Andruzzi on His Personal Journey from NFL to Cancer - #BIF2017 Summit Speaker Series
Friday, August 18, 2017
Andruzzi will be appearing at the this year's BIF Summit - #BIF2017. The annual story telling meeting will be held at Trinity Rep. on September 13-14, 2017. Inc. magazine ranks the BIF Summit as the #2 business meeting in America.
An undrafted free agent picked up by the Packers, Andruzzi was released and then snapped up by the New England Patriots in 2000 where he went on to play 5 seasons and earned 3 Super Bowl rings.
Andruzzi's Personal Story
In 2001, Andruzzi met CJ Buckley, a young man with an inoperable brain tumor. His passing inspired him and his wife Jen to launch the CJ Buckley Brain Cancer Research Fund at Boston Children's Hospital.
Andruzzi's football career ended in 2007 when he was diagnosed with an aggressive form of non-Hodgkins Burkitt's lymphoma.
Now cancer free, he and his wife Jen founded the Joe Andruzzi Foundation in 2008 after witnessing the stress cancer can cause families first hand.
The Foundation works to lift cancer's burden by providing financial assistance to patients and families. Since its inception, the Foundation has raised more than $11 million and assisted more than 6,500 families struggling with cancer and donated more than $750,000 to help fund pediatric brain cancer research at Boston Children's Hospital.
- Wall Street Journal Tech Superstar Mossberg on LIVE Thursday for #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series
- Fast Company’s Webber Talks Media, Innovation on GoLocal LIVE’s #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series
- Fast Company Co-Founder Webber to Preview #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series on GoLocal
- Introducing BIF’s Design Methodology for Next Practices and New Business Models
- BIF’s Kaplan Says Deepwater Wind is an Example of RI Taking Advantage of Its Size
- Business Innovation Factory Announces #BIF2017 Media Partner With GoLocal24 - Will Live Stream
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan of BIF Talks RI’s Biggest Salesperson on GoLocal LIVE
- BIF’s Kaplan on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday Looks at Uber’s Controversial CEO
- BIF Scores Million Dollar Grant from NY’s Carnegie Corporation
- Saul Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2015!
- 500+ “Innovation Junkies” Pack BIF2015 Summit in Providence
- Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2016
- First Six Storytellers Announced For 2015 BIF Summit
- Business Innovation Factory BIF10 Summit Draws Packed Crowd at Trinity Rep
- Highlights and Reactions from Day One of #BIF9 in Providence
- Kaplan: Three Things Are Changing: 1) The Market 2) BIF 3) Me
- Saul Kaplan: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Goodness
- Kaplan: Next Practices vs. Best Practices
- LIVE: Saul Kaplan Talks the Innovation of RI Government Tech
- LIVE: Kaplan Talks About the Potential to Innovate RI’s Economy Via the Colleges
- Saul Kaplan: Topics Are Overrated!
- Saul Kaplan: So Many Corporate Innovation Labs, So Little Innovation
- Saul Kaplan: The Future of Work
- Saul Kaplan: The Human Side of Innovation
- Saul Kaplan: You Don’t Have to Go to a Conference to Enjoy It
- Brown Grad Andrew Kaplan Awarded Rhodes Scholarship
- Saul Kaplan: “The Innovator” Discusses How RI Can Transform Its Attitude and Performance
- Kaplan Discusses RI’s Missed Opportunity to Innovate
- Mr. Innovation Saul Kaplan Say RI Could Be America’s Laboratory for Change
- LIVE: Kaplan Believes RI Could Become Innovation District
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan on Amazon and Whole Foods Merger and Impact on RI
- Kaplan & Dand: Converting Emerging Tech Into Next Practices
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan Says Its Time to Rethink Parking, Transportation, and Commuting
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan on Why Failing is the Key to Success When Reinventing
- Kaplan: Innovation Lessons From Michelangelo
- Kaplan: What’s Your From…To Story?