LIVE: Gender Equality In Rhode Island Could Re-Shape Politics
Sunday, March 05, 2017
Women's Fund of RI says they are working hard to address gender inequity in the state of Rhode Island.
“We know that when we have more women in leadership, that things get better for women in general. So helping women to run for office is something we’ll be looking at,” Nevins says.
Nevins says besides public office, they hope to help women establish more presence in corporate board rooms.
Nevins says WFRI is focused on working with partners to pass laws that will provide earned sick time for all private sector employees. They are also working to continue access to insurance and reproductive health care services.
Related Slideshow: 2016 Raimondo’s Staff Salaries
- LIVE: Artisanal Cocktails, Mixing Up The Gold Finch
- LIVE: Organize and Energize - Make Life Less Chaotic
- LIVE: Six Ways Being Organized Can Help You Lose Weight
- LIVE: The Lady Project Expands Across United States
- Foolproof Announces New Brews on GoLocal LIVE
- Hailey Balletto Performs on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: What to Expect for the Return of StyleWeek NorthEast
- GoLocal LIVE Talks Cranes in the Providence Sky with a Top Commercial Realtor
- Politico, Author, FBI Source Caranci on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Rep. Lombardi Slams Parking Meters and Impact on Small Businesses
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Oscar Potential
- Prov Ranks As One of Worst State Capitals to Live In — Even Behind Augusta, ME
- GoLocal LIVE Nutrition: All About Carbs
- LIVE: What’s Old is New Again At the Providence Flea