American University’s Lawless on Oprah, DACA, Arpaio, and More, on LIVE
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Lawless, who is the Director of the Women and Politics Institute at American, also addressed controversial ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio's declaration for a run for the U.S. Senate in Arizona on Tuesday; as well as President Donald Trump's statements that he's open to a sweeping deal on immigration reform -- and what his requirement that funding for a "wall" be included might really mean.
Related Slideshow: GoLocal: Benchmark Poll, October 2017
Next year, in November of 2018, there will be a statewide general election for Governor and many other state offices. How likely is it that you will vote in this election?
Will you definitely be voting, will you probably be voting, are you 50-50...
Definitely be voting: 78%
Probably be voting: 13%
What would you say is the number one problem facing Rhode Island that you would like the Governor to address?
Jobs and economy: 21%
State budget: 9%
Corruption/Public integrity: .8%
Don’t know: .9%
Recently, a proposal has been made to permit the issuance of $81 million in bonds by the State to build a new stadium for the Pawtucket Red Sox. If there was an election today on this issue, would you vote to approve or reject issuing $81 million in financing supported moral obligation bonds to build the stadium?
Net: Approve: 28%
Definitely approve: 15%
Probably approve: 14%
Net: Reject: 67%
Probably reject: 19%
Definitely reject: 48%
Don't know: 4%
The next question is about the total income of YOUR HOUSEHOLD for the PAST 12 MONTHS. Please include your income PLUS the income of all members living in your household (including cohabiting partners and armed forces members living at home).
$50,000 or less: 27%
More $50,000 but less than $75,000: 13%
More $75,000 but less than $100,000: 13%
More $100,000 but less than $150,000: 17%
$150,000 or more: 13%
Don't know/refused: 17%
What particular ethnic group or nationality - such as English, French, Italian, Irish, Latino, Jewish, African American, and so forth - do you consider yourself a part of or feel closest to?
Black or African American: 6%
- LIVE: Rep. Ranglin-Vassell on Need for Community Response to Joblessness & Gun Violence in RI
- LIVE: Comedian Mencia Talks Standup and Inspiration
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Emerging Leaders Bennett Thompson
- Tuesday on LIVE: Berndt of Metal Band Kilgore & Singer EMELINE
- LIVE: New Printshop & Media Arts Workshops Offered at AS220
- Friday on LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding & Prov City Council President Salvatore
- Friday on LIVE: Comedian Mencia and Nutritionist Mulligan
- PPAC’s “Love Never Dies” Lead Cortes on LIVE: “It’s Just Beautiful”
- Thursday on LIVE: Choreographer Skybetter and “The Silks” Kelly
- LIVE: National Law Enforcement Officer Fatalities Down 10% in 2017
- LIVE: Kelly of The Silks Performs “All I Do” & Talks New Music
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Wolff’s White House Book & Marijuana Laws
- LIVE: How Addiction Impacts Family With Kandarian of COAAST
- LIVE: U.S. Olympian Hamlin on Historic Career & 2018 Winter Games
- Tuesday on LIVE: COAAST Founder Bell, Storyteller Tutson & Prof. Lawless
- LIVE: Rhode Island Original Supports Community Fitness With Each Sale
- LIVE: COAAST Founder Talks Addiction Support, & Owning Our Story
- LIVE: RI Black Storytellers Celebrates its 20th Annual Funda Festival
- LIVE: 3-Steps To Starting A Running Routine in 2018
- LIVE: Creating Accent Walls With Interior Design Expert Garceau
- LIVE: RI Author-Illustrator Bradley Shows Her Debut Book “LOVE, MAMA”
- LIVE: Environmentalist Spalding on EPA, Climate Change, Budgets and More
- LIVE: Providence City Council President Salvatore Talks 2018 Finances & Goals
- Monday on LIVE: US Olympian Hamlin, Rancourt of Rhode Races
- Wednesday on LIVE: Darrell West, Artist Burko, & Cassell of Blount Fine Foods