Brown Grad Ivy DePew Crowned Miss RI 2014
Monday, June 16, 2014
“I am grateful for this incredible opportunity that the judges granted to me,” said DePew. “I look forward to working with many partner organizations throughout this upcoming year to promote my platform ‘United We Stand’ in order to strengthen support for our U.S. military service members, veterans, and their families. I also hope to make our Ocean State proud at the Miss America competition in September.”
DePew graduated from Memphis in 2012 with a B.A. in Sociology. She graduated from Brown as a Master of Public Affairs in 2014.
DePew will spend the next year promoting “United We Stand,” her platform for supporting U.S. Military Service Members, Veterans, and Families. She will serve as an ambassador for the Children’s Miracle Network.
“Congratulations to Ivy DePew for winning the title of Miss RI 2014,” said Joseph Neri, Executive Director of the Miss RI Scholarship Program. “We are really looking forward to supporting Ivy in her preparation for the Miss America stage."
The Miss America 2015 Competition airs September 14th. DePew has said she hopes to become a member of the U.S. Congress in the future.
- Behind the Scenes at Miss Rhode Island
- Check Out the Video of Miss Rhode Island Winning Miss USA
- Miss Rhode Island Italia Competition Seeks Entrants of All Ages
- NEW: Brown to Recognize 9 Alumni with Honorary Degrees
- Brown University Ranked a Top ROI College in 2014 by Forbes
- Female Student Charges Brown Allowed Rapist Back on Campus Early
- NEW: Brown’s President Paxson Weighs in on Rape Case
- NEW: Former Brown Basketball Coach Craig Robinson Fired by OSU
- Brown Basketball Announces 5 Incoming Freshmen
- Brown Crews finish 2nd, 3rd in National Championships
- Brown University Names New Dean of the College