NEW: Three Women & Infants Docs Named Best by US News
Thursday, November 10, 2011
The three are the only specialists in the region on the list, which is produced annually by the newspaper in partnership with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., and is based on a peer nomination process. They include Sandra A. Carson, MD, director of the Center for Reproduction and Infertility, who was also recognized as being among the top 1% in the nation in the specialty; Gary N. Frishman, MD, who is also director of the hospital’s Ob/Gyn Residency Program; and Carol A. Wheeler, MD, director of the area’s only Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecologic Service, which is located at Women & Infants.
“Accolades such as this U.S. News & World Report Top Doctors list just underscores the level of talent we have working at Women & Infants Hospital and in our Center for Reproduction and Infertility,” said hospital President and CEO Constance A. Howes. “These three doctors are among the best in the business, working diligently every day to help couples facing infertility. Their work is to be commended.”
The three were among 279 selected for the list. Within the list, 88, including Dr. Carson, were named to the list of America’s Top Doctors by achieving national recognition for outstanding work.
For the entire list at US News & World Report, go here.
For more Health news, don't miss GoLocalTV fresh every day at 4pm and on-demand 24/7, here.
- Nursing Team at Women and Infants Honored in Modern Healthcare
- NEW: US News & World Report Names Women & Infants #1 in Providence Metro Area
- NEW: Women & Infants + Brown Pioneer New Down Syndrome Test
- NEW: 37 Women & Infants Docs Named Tops by US News
- Women & Infants Named Neonatal Center of Excellence
- Women and Infants Participating in National Study of New Fertility Drug
- Women & Infants’ Chief of OB/GYN to Chair WHO Committee Meetings on Cervical Cancer
- Women and Infants Ranked as 26th Best for Gynecology
- Women & Infants Named Center of Excellence for Reproductive Resources
- Women and Infants Physician Appointed President of Professional Society