NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI Launches Healthcare Education Campaign
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
BCBSRI’s microsite, www.BCBSRI.com/HealthcareReform, is an interactive resource where users can learn the basics about healthcare reform, review frequently asked questions, a glossary, and specific content for individual purchasers, brokers, employers, and providers. The site will continue to be updated as provisions from the ACA are put in place.
For individuals purchasing insurance through HealthSource RI or simply for those grappling with how changes associated with healthcare reform will affect them, BCBSRI is a resource," said Peter Andruszkiewicz, president and CEO for BCBSRI. "Our hope is that this information will help Rhode Islanders to better understand the new healthcare landscape so they can make smart healthcare decisions for themselves and their families."
In partnership with the Rhode Island Foundation and Thundermist Health Center, BCBSRI will continue its community education series around healthcare reform and what consumers should expect. The events will take place on:
- Wednesday, August 28, 9:00 a.m., Kent Hospital Auditorium, 455 Toll Gate Road, Warwick, RI 02886
- Thursday, August 29, 8:30 a.m., South County Hospital Auditorium, 100 Kenyon Avenue, Wakefield, RI 02879
BCBSRI will also host breakfast forums on the subject for small businesses and brokers, supporting broker’s ability to educate small and mid-sized businesses. To see a list of dates and reserve a spot, visit: www.BCBSRI.com/HealthcareReform/Educational-Seminar.
Further, BCBSRI is also engaged in a joint education campaign with Walgreens. Rhode Island residents will be able to visit local Walgreens stores to access information and materials about the ACA, including guidance on how to purchase the right coverage and use the full benefits of their insurance plans. As part of the collaboration, consumers can find additional detailed information on topics ranging from the enrollment process to financial assistance at the website, LearnAboutReform.com.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI to Host ‘Nutrition 101’
- Blue Cross’ ‘Lifestyle Blue’ Plan a Great Fit for Small Business
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names First Diversity Officer
- NEW: Blue Cross & Blue Shield To Offer Free Blood Pressure Screenings
- NEW: Blue Cross Blue Shield RI To Hold Sun Safety Screenings
- NEW: Hasbro to Open New Location at Old Blue Cross Building
- NEW: RI Free Clinic Gets $75K From Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield RI Names New President