Delta Dental RI Donates Over $1 Million to Help Meet Oral Health Care Needs
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
“As the state’s largest dental insurer, we are committed to the oral health of all Rhode Islanders, not just those fortunate enough to have Delta Dental coverage. Through our ongoing conversations with our community partners, we know that access and affordability continue to be true barriers to oral health care for far too many Rhode Islanders. These grants will help eliminate those barriers and ensure that our community partners can connect more of our state’s most vulnerable citizens with the quality oral health care they deserve," said Joe Nagle, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Rhode Island.
The grants are as follows:
Samuels Sinclair Dental Center at Rhode Island Hospital $350,000
Blackstone Valley Community Health Care $350,000
Providence Community Health Centers $350,000
Scituate Health Alliance $15,000
Thundermist Dental Tent at Operation Stand Down $12,000
“We are very thankful for the support and investment in the community that Delta Dental is making. The impact of these funds for us is that were able to expand our new dental clinic and we are now seeing 15 new children a day in our clinic. This is a direct result of Delta Dental’s support. It is making a difference in families’ lives today, and for the future," said Merrill Thomas, CEO of Providence Community Health Centers.
This year, Delta Dental's community support to improve oral health for all Rhode Islanders has included it's premier sponsorship of the Rhode Island Mission of Mercy free dental clinic, Delta Dental's challenge grant program with Rhode Island Donated Services, the Rhode Island Department of Health's Loan Forgiveness Program for Dental professionals and donations of funds, toothbrushes and other oral health materials to various organizations.
Delta Dental of RI
Delta Dental of Rhode Island is the state's largest dental insurer. The missions of Delta Dental is to improve the dental health of the people of Rhode Island providing well-managed, high quality and affordable dental care products that are financially viable and responsive to marketplace needs.
For more information, click here.
- Delta Dental of RI Donates $60K to 2014 Mission of Mercy
- Hundreds of RI Kids Get Free Dental Care at “Give Kids a Smile Day”
- First Free Dental Clinic Coming to Rhode Island
- NEW: Pew Drops RI’s Child Dental Care Grade from ‘A’ to ‘B’
- City Accidentally Releases Thousands of Retirees’ Social Security Numbers
- Operation Smile Brings Underserved RI Kids Dental Care
- Smart Benefits: When Dental and Vision Don’t Count…Under PPAC, That Is
- Your Opinion: Fung’s Coming Forward On Accidental Death Now?
- R.I. Oral Health Foundation Hosting Free Dental Clinic This Weekend