VIDEO: Providence Preservation Society Targets Council Members on Fane Tower
Tuesday, September 04, 2018
Providence Preservation Society has launched a video intended to convince members of the Providence City Council to oppose the proposed Fane Tower.
The project is expected to be considered by the full Council at its meeting on Thursday. In July, PPS Executive Director Brett Runyon appeared on GoLocal LIVE to voice opposition to the proposed project.
“How does the City Council give favoritism to one developer for an extremely outside the zoning ordinance change?” asked Runyon, who also spoke to its potential impact on what will be an adjacent park.
“A little outside our purview [is] the fact that developers like predictability,” said Runyon. “The city and state have put in place process to make it predictable. Twelve projects have been approved [except this one] — guidelines have to be consistent,” said Runyon.
“We love some of our local developers, but if they came with the same project we’d opposed on same grounds,” said Runyon. “It’s about the current proposal — not the developer.”
- EXCLUSIVE: Leading RI Architect St.Florian Endorses Fane Tower
- Fane Tower Proposal Moves Forward on 195 Parcel, Despite Opposition
- Sasse Says Fane Tower Is Not What 195 Land Was Intended for - It Was Innovation
- Leading Architectural Writer Calls Fane Tower an Insult and “The Wrong Building”
- Opponents to 46-Story Fane Tower Turn Out Monday to Raise Awareness
- GoLocal Statewide Poll: Rhode Islanders Split on Proposed Fane Tower
- 195 Commission Land Change for Fane Tower Gets Approved by General Assembly
- Realtor’s Lobbyist & Council Pres. Salvatore Opposes Fane Tower, Draws Criticism From Unions
- Fane Tower Debate: After 2 Years Council Pres. Salvatore Continues to Duck Taking a Stand
- Fane Tower Would Have Positive Impact on City, Taxpayers, and Economy, Says Sabitoni on LIVE
- Prov City Council to Hold Public Hearing on Zoning Map Change for Fane Tower
- Pryor Talks Fane, Superman, PawSox and More on GoLocal LIVE
- EDITORIAL: Why Providence Should Embrace Fane’s Tower
- UPDATED: Fane Unveils New “Organic” Design for 46-Story Tower in Providence
- EDITORIAL: Embrace Fane’s $150M Investment in Providence. We Can Perfect the Design.
- Build RI’s Mancini on PawSox, Deepwater, and Fane Construction Jobs on LIVE
- Salvatore Attacks GoLocal After Report Unveils He Has Not Made Decision on 2-Year-Old Fane Project
- EDITORIAL: Will Fane’s $300M Investment Go the Way of the PawSox, Due to Lack of RI Leadership
- Guidelines Have to Be Consistent: Prov. Preservation Society’s Runyon on Fane Proposal