slides: NEW: Rhode Island Named #49 State For Business—Forbes
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Forbes assesses each state on 35 data points that represent "six vital factors for businesses: costs, labor supply, regulatory environment, current economic climate, growth prospects and quality of life." Business costs, which include labor, energy and taxes, are weighted the most heavily. For more on Forbes' methodology, go here.
How did the rest of New England's states do? See the slides for more.
- Rhode Island Ranked Third Worst State in Country to Retire
- Rhode Island Ranks 16th in the New Economy Index
- Rhode Island Ranks 46th Worst for Business Tax Climate
- Rhode Island Ranks Dead Last in U.S. for Business
- NEW: Rhode Island Ranks #19 In US For Entrepreneurship
- NEW: Rhode Island Ranks No. 7 on List of Scariest States for Jobseekers