38 Studios Relocates Ahead of Schedule
Saturday, April 09, 2011
"38 Studios continues to meet or exceed agreed upon job creation and relocation milestones," said Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation (RIEDC) executive director Keith Stokes. "We welcome them to Rhode Island and look forward to the company's growth and success in our state."
Company management said that the move from Maynard, MA will be completed over the weekend — in time for 160 employees to begin work on Tuesday, April 12. In accordance with a loan guarantee agreement with the RIEDC, 38 Studios is required to bring 450 high-skilled, high-wage jobs to the state —125 by November of this year.
"We anticipate contributing to the tremendous corporate citizenship efforts of Rhode Island's business community," said 38 Studios CEO Jen MacLean. "Located in the heart of the capital city and surrounded by leading colleges and universities and a strong arts community, I am confident that 38 Studios will serve as a benchmark for growth in the interactive entertainment and digital media industry."
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Curt Schilling
- Rhode Island set to sign Schilling to a deal?
- Candidates Balk at $75 Million for Curt Schilling
- Schilling Signs Lease for Office in Downtown Providence
- Chafee blasts Schilling Deal on DePetro show
- EDC Director: $75M Schilling Deal Was ‘Misunderstood’
- Gemma Criticizes Schilling Deal
- New Schilling Video Game Gets Positive Reviews
- Schilling Deal Could Threaten RI Film and TV Industry
- RI Economic Development Corporation: $75 million for Schilling