Brown Wins 5th Straight Governor’s Cup, Beat URI 41-31
Sunday, October 04, 2015
Brown Bears (1-2) defeated the (0-5) University of Rhode Island Rams 41-31 to win the Governor's Cup on Saturday night at Brown Stadium. This is Brown's fifth straight Governor's Cup win.
Brown trailed 31-27 with 8:18 left in the fourth quarter when quarterback Marcus Fuller led the Bears on a seven play, 91 yard drive ending with a 20 yard touchdown pass to Alex Jette to put the Bears up 34-31 with 5:16 to play.
The next two possessions ended in a URI missed field goal and then a Brown punt,resulting in the Rams getting the ball back with 2:00 to play in the game.
URI quarterback Paul Mroz took the snap and fired to his left but it was picked off by Brown's Jordan Ferguson, who returned it 34 yards to the end zone putting Brown up 41-31 and sealing the win.
Fuller completed 41 of 58 passes for 438 yards and four touchdowns, while Mroz passed for 195 yards, a touchdown and three interceptions.
Brown returns to action on Saturday, October 10th when they visit Holy Cross. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m.
URI also returns to action on the 10th when they will host Delaware. Kickoff for this game is at 12 p.m.
- Brown Bears Beat Black Bears 62-54
- PC Friars Win In Cancun / Brown Bears Off To Best Start In 10 Years
- Agel’s Brown Bears on the Rise in the Ivy League
- First Semester Grade - Brown Bears: B-
- 3 Brown Bears Receive All-Ivy Honors
- With No Leland King, Brown Bears Fall to UNH 68-61
- Brown Bears Go For State Sweep vs URI
- Brown Bears Lose 79-58 to Austin Peay, Drop to 1-5
- Brown Bears Drop 89-68 Decision To Illinois, Lose 4th Straight
- College Basketball Preview: The Brown Bears
- A Big Weekend On Tap For The Brown Bears
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Gets Blown Out by Harvard, 53-27
- Patriots Develin 1 of 4 Brown Alums in NFL
- URI and Brown Set for 100th Meeting on Saturday Night at Brown Stadium