New Poll Shows Support for RI Constitutional Convention
Thursday, October 09, 2014
The Rhode Island Center for Freedom and Prosperity unveiled the results at an event on Thursday at the Squantum Club in East Providence.
"Voters are angry and are fed up with special interest politics," observed Mike Stenhouse, CEO for the Center. "They see a Convention as a legitimate and needed avenue for their voices to be heard. With Rhode Islanders this obviously incensed and hungry for a solution, our Center recommends that voters approve Question-3 on the ballot in next month's election."
The forum featured anti-tax crusader, Grover Norquist and former RI gubernatorial candidate, Ken Block.
The poll of over 500 likely voters was conducted by Communication Concepts of Easton, PA.
A white-board video, in response to the union sponsored "no" video, along with other digital ads can be viewed at RIFreedom.org/YesConCon.
Specific poll results for top-line questions can be found on the Center's Convention home page here.
- Pam Gencarella: Why You Should Care About a Constitutional Convention
- RenewRI Kicks Off Pro-Constitutional Convention Effort
- Russell Moore: Constitutional Convention: Just Say Yes!
- NEW: Campaign Launched Against RI Constitutional Convention
- Gary Sasse: Is a Constitutional Convention Really Needed?
- Bryant to Host Constitutional Convention Forum on March 29