UPDATED: RI Convention Center Raising Monthly Parking Rates by Nearly 30%
Wednesday, February 06, 2019
New rates posted at the garage show that for that segment of monthly pass holders -- Monday through Friday weekday parking -- the new cost will be $195 in March.
The current rate is $152.
SEE NEW MARCH 1 RATES AT BOTTOM
"I think it's outrageous, just to do that," said Geoff Judge, Cumberland resident and monthly parker, who spoke to the Plan "C" price increase.
Bob Sepe, RICC Parking Garage manager, confirmed that he was instructed to implement the assigned price increases, but refused further comment.
Sepe said questions about the price increase should be directed to Becca Ponder at RICC; Ponder did not respond to request for comment on Tuesday afternoon.
The current rates on the RICC website -- new rates BELOW.
Efforts to identify the approval process for the rate increases have proved nearly impossible as Convention Center officials refuse to respond to questions and minute of the Convention Center have not been posted in more than two months.
Latest for Convention Center Price Hikes
As GoLocal reported in October, the Dunkin’ Donuts Center and the RI Convention Center began charging $9.99 for use high bandwidth WiFi after thirty minutes. The new policy is unprecedented. According to both the TD Garden in Boston and the DCU Center in Worcester — at their venues, WiFi is free. Both venues seemed surprised by the question.
- RI GOP: $450 Million Spent on Convention Center Red Flag for PawSox Deal
- NEW: Buonanno Nominated to Convention Center Authority
- RI Home Show Set for April 3-6 at RI Convention Center
- RI Convention Center to Host Genealogy Conference
- RI GOP: Convention Center Contracts Warning Sign for PawSox Deal
- New Security Measures Being Taken at Dunkin’ Donuts & RI Convention Centers
- First Annual “Your Life Expo” Coming to RI Convention Center June 7
- RI House GOP Warns of New Convention Center Lease Lessons
- Morgan Talks RI Convention Center, Google Money, and Truck Tolls on GoLocal LIVE