NEW: Convicted Pedophile Gardner Released From ACI—Probation Violation Charges Dismissed
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Gardner had been arrested in Providence on Friday, November 2 for "alleged fraudulent activity when applying for a marriage certificate at Cranston City Hall."
Gardner had been held at the ACI without bail since.
On Monday, a judge ruled that the information provided by Garnder on his marriage license application -- listing Massachusetts and not his Rhode Island address -- did not constitute a violation of the terms of his probation.
Latest for Gardner
The warrant from the Cranston Police Department for the November 2 arrest had stemmed from an investigation conducted by Cranston Police Detectives into alleged fraudulent activity by Gardner when applying for a marriage certificate at Cranston City Hall.
Gardner had been released from custody on October 11 after serving 30 years for kidnapping and raping young boys in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
This story was first published 11/19/18 12:55 PM
- NEW: Convicted Pedophile Gardner Held Without Bail
- PHOTOS: Convicted Pedophile Richard Gardner Marries in Cranston UPDATED
- EXCLUSIVE: Warrant Issued for Convicted Pedophile Richard Gardner’s Arrest
- VIDEO: Convicted Pedophile Gardner Arrested in Providence on Fraud Charges UPDATED
- Providence: A United City on Gardner—MINDSETTER™ Molina Flynn
- RI ACLU, Community Groups Respond to Outrage Over Gardner Living in Prov
- ACLU’s Brown Criticizes Gardner’s Arrest By Cranston Police