video: GoLocalTV: BENRUS CEO Feroce on GoLocal’s 50 Wealthiest and Most Influential 2015
Thursday, August 13, 2015
GoLocalProv is slated to launch its 2015 edition of Rhode Island's 50 Wealthiest and Most Influential, and caught up with BENRUS CEO Giovanni Feroce -- who was on the initial Wealthiest and Most Influential list in 2013 -- to talk more about wealth, influence, and success in Rhode Island.
BENRUS was the watch company that was the staple product for the US military during World War II, and is now becoming a successful lifestyle brand under Feroce's direction.
"I am the poorest rich guy in RI, because I believe in the definition of entrepreneur - you risk everything," said Feroce. "I will put every single resource I have if necessary in BENRUS. I could have chosen to never work again but I feel that I have a responsibility to create and maintain jobs."
BENRUS, which recently launched stores in Nantucket and Rochester, NY, is slated to expand in the coming months.
"I know how to build brand value," continued Feroce. "I have never been more confident that when all is said and done, despite the hard road me and my team are on everyday, we will create a multi-billion dollar company. Therefore I know I have a shot by 2020 at being one of RI's few billionaires."
Related Slideshow: Take a Tour of BENRUS’ First Store in Rochester
The first BENRUS store is now open in Rochester, New York.
More stores are scheduled to open, including Newport, RI.
Take a look at the interior design of BENRUS' first store in Rochester, NY.
The 1st store opened last week at the Culver Road Armory.
The lifestyle brand has launched a complete line of jeans for men and women. Soon to be available both online and at retail locations.
True to the BENRUS brand legacy, the company's collection of watches are featured in the new retail store.
The legacy of watch-making goes back to the early part of the 20th Century.
Design, design, design. The BENRUS brand is all about design both in its retail locations and its product.
The Rochester, NY store stands out for design.
The BENRUS brand is launching a complete line of premium men's shirts. Many of them are available at the online store.
Giovanni Feroce - the former CEO of Alex and Ani is trying to make lightning strike twice in building BENRUS into another successful lifestyle company in Rhode Island.
As GoLocal previously reported:
Giovanni Feroce, who teamed with Carolyn Rafaelian to grow Alex and Ani from sales of $4 million to more than a reported $220 million in 4 years, then left the company, is now back with a new venture - BENRUS. The BENRUS company has a rich legacy as a military watch company, but under Feroce the company is being built into a broader lifestyle brand.
Feroce describes the acquisition as a multi-million dollar transaction.
- GoLocalTV: Providence Firefighters Oppose Elorza’s Shift Plan
- GoLocalTV: Providence Ranked 28th for Fitness, Elorza Calls for Improvement
- GoLocalTV: Providence Students Protest at City Hall to Demand Bus Passes
- GoLocalTV: RI Teamsters, Trucking Association Clash on Truck Tolls for Infrastructure
- GoLocalTV: Meet Miss Rhode Island, Alexandra Curtis
- GoLocalTV: Providence’s Stephens Claims Referee Work Done on Vacation Time
- GoLocalTV: International Tennis Hall of Fame to Unveil $3 Million Museum Renovations
- GoLocalTV - newportFILM Presents “How to Save the World” Tonight
- GoLocalTV - Neighbors React to a Tiverton Casino
- GoLocalTV: CVS Health Charity Classic Kicks Off With Larry Merlo
- GoLocalTV: Inaugural Providence International Arts Festival Begins Thursday
- GoLocalTV: Former RI House Speaker Fox Sentenced to 3 Years in Federal Prison
- GoLocalTV: Brady’s Future Uncertain as Patriots Begin Camp
- GoLocalTV: Miss RI USA Anea Garcia Hosting Fundraiser to Combat Homelessness
- GoLocalTV: NFL Upholds Brady’s Suspension as Pats Begin Training Camp
- GoLocalTV: Previewing Section 1 of the Patriarca Papers
- GoLocalTV: Waterfront Reggae Festival Comes to Providence This Saturday
- GoLocalTV: Raimondo Picks NY’s Wagner for New RI Education Commissioner
- GoLocalTV: Inaugural “Race the State” to Take Place Aug. 9
- GoLocalTV: Charter Schools Rally at RI State House for Public School Choice
- GoLocalTV: Brown University Alums in the 2016 Presidential Race
- GoLocalTV: PawSox Stadium Opponents Rally at RI State House
- GoLocalTV: Keegan Bradley, Jon Curran Win CVS Charity Classic
- GoLocalTV: Steven K. Latimer 5K to be Held on September 26