Former Providence City Councilwoman Romano Passes
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Romano passed away on Friday, November 9.
Read Romano’s Obituary From Pontarelli-Marino Funeral Home Below
ROMANO, CAROL A. (VOLPE) 78, passed away November 9, 2018. She was the wife of the late John B. Romano, daughter of the late Mario and Gilda (DiNunzio) Volpe, aunt of Jami (Volpe) Coletta and her husband Steven; great-aunt of Lola and London; sister of the late William "Billy" Volpe. She is also survived by several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
Carol was a communicant and eucharistic minister at St. Ann Church. As a lifelong democrat, in 1996 Carol was the first women elected to the Providence City Council to represent the city's 4th ward.
Visitation and funeral will be held Tuesday 9-10:30 a.m. in the PONTARELLI-MARINO Home, 971 Branch Avenue, Providence followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m. in St. Ann Church, 280 Hawkins Street, Providence. Burial will be private. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Ann Church Memorial Fund, 2 Russo Street, Providence, RI 02904.
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of Star Trek, Has Died at 83
- UPDATED: Former Governor Joseph Garrahy has Died
- Bloodied But Unbowed: Keno Davis Leads His PC Program Through Tumultuous Times
- Candlelight Vigil for West Warwick Man Who Died Homeless to be Held on Thurs.
- BREAKING: Former Providence Mayor Vincent “Buddy” Cianci Has Died at 74
- Judge Walter Stone Has Died
- East Greenwich’s Fachon, Who Fought the FDA for Experimental Treatment, Has Died
- 29 Rock Stars Who Have Died So Far in 2016
- DEM Identifies Couple Who Died Off of Fort Wetherill in Jamestown