Alex and Ani Center Opens for Winter Season
Monday, November 26, 2018
Alex and Ani City Center is open for the winter season.
The center is open seven days a week, weather permitting, from10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for ice skating.
It is also open on all winter holidays, but hours may vary.
The Winter Season at Alex and Ani City Center
The winter schedule of events includes the following:
- Tree Lighting, December 1, 2018 from 5:30pm to 7:15pm. Ice will be closed for public skating during the event starting at 4pm. Join Mayor Elorza for the ceremony!
- College Night, every Wednesday from 6:00pm until 10:00pm. Admission for college students is $5 with a valid college photo ID.
- Free Admission for City of Providence residents, first Saturday of each month. Skate rental fee of $6 is applicable. Must bring valid identification or IDPVD.
- IDPVD cardholders get 15% off skating and bumper cars. Must bring IDPVD card.
General admission is $7 for adults, $4 for seniors, $4 for children (12 and under), and $4 for military. Skate rentals are $6.
Season passes are $120 for adults, $250 for families of four and $75 for children, seniors and military.
Related Slideshow: 20 Reasons to Look Forward to Winter in New England - 2018
Two of the best weeks all winter long is Providence Restaurant Weeks.
Choose from menus at nearly 100 restaurants. Enjoy three-course lunches at $16.95 and three-course dinners at $29.95 or $34.95, as well as two-for-one specials.
Providence Restaurant Weeks will be held from January 13-26.
The 2019 Newport Winter Festival is set to be held from February 15-24.
The festival features 10 days of live music, food, games, a chili cook-off and so much more over a span of nine days.
One of the coolest events of the winter, the New England Pond Hockey Classic is set to take place from February 1-3.
Final rosters for the tournament are due January 28.
If you can't make it up, grab the skates and find your local pond and play hockey anyway. BE SAFE of course.
The Festival of Lights at La Salette Shrine
By far one of the coolest lighting displays you will see anywhere in New England and maybe even the country.
The festival features 300,000 lights over 10 acres of land.
The Festival of Lights runs from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. every night until January 6.
Do not miss out!
Riding the Polar Express
No better way to get into the holiday spirit than to hop aboard the Polar Express.
The train runs through December 23.
The trip includes a 90-minute excursion on a real-life train that is filled with a reading of the classic children’s story, sing-a-longs, hot chocolate served in a souvenir mug, delicious cookies, games, and a special visit from Santa where he personally delivers the first gift of Christmas to every child.
Tower Hill's Night Lights Display
Night Lights is a walking experience throughout 15 acres of glowing gardens, where more than 200,000 lights have been thematically placed among the trees, shrubs, fountains, and statuary to create a magical winter wonderland celebrating plants and nature.
The display runs from November 23 through December 30.
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village is an evening filled with New England holiday traditions, live musical performances, storytelling, sleigh rides, festive foods, a roaring bonfire, and strolls around the decorated Village Common.
Christmas by Candlelight begins November 30 and runs through December 23.
Whether you are skating on a pond or at one of the many ice rinks across the region like the Alex & Ani Center in the heart of Providence.
The skating center provides a full schedule of activities to carry you through the winter including adult and kids skating sessions as well as activities for the entire family.
Ice Climbing With Adventure Spirit
For the adventurous out there, Adventure Spirit in Vermont is your place for ice climbing. Choose from climbing at Bolton Quarry, Bristol Cliffs or even Smuggler's Notch to be lead by one of their experienced instructors.
Be prepared to spend your day strenuously climbing some of nature's frozen streams and flow offs. They also offer alpine climbing and outdoor rock climbing for those who wish to fully test their limits.
Curling Season at the Ocean State Curling Club
You watch curling in the Olympics every year and you love it. So try it this winter.
The Ocean State Curling Club has your curling fix. Hosting events and tournaments or "bonspiels" at the Veteran’s Memorial Ice Rink in Cranston, RI, the Ocean State Curling Club is a "social club for anyone interested in recreational curling." The club also offers lessons for those who want to learn the sport.
Sing-a-Long with the Boston Pops at Symphony Hall
Held at Symphony Hall, the Boston Pops holiday concert is filled with food, sing-a-longs and a visit from the one and only Santa Claus!
Have some holiday cookies as the Boston Symphony Orchestra plays holiday classics for you and your family.
The seven kids afternoon shows include post-concert photos with Santa as well as special treats.
Snow Tubing at Ski Ward
Sledding, skiing or snowboarding not for you? Grab a tube and enjoy the ride down one of the many hills at the Ski Ward.
Don't forget to take the whole family out to Slopeside Bar and Grill after a long day in the snow.
Sled Down Neutaconkanut Hill
Neutaconkanut Hill has some of the best slopes for sledding in the state.
Bundle up, hold on, and enjoy the ride.
In addition to the sledding slopes, snowshoeing and cross country skiing is offered at this legendary Providence slope.
Snowmobiling at the Tall Timber Lodge
Pittsburg, New Hampshire
For snowmobiling enthusiasts, Pittsburg, New Hampshire might be the snowmobiling capital of New England with more than 200 trails, all filled with great adventures.
The Tall Timber Lodge offers a variety of packages that include rentals, dinners, lodging and much more. If you need a break from the trails, the lodge also consists of a spa.
Snowshoeing at Wachusett Mountain
For those who can't ski or snowboard, snowshoeing is another way to get around in the snow. Wachusett Mountain is the perfect place for snowshoeing.
Cross Country Skiing at East Bay Bike Path
East Bay Bike Path, Bristol to Providence RI
For those that love skiing, well this is your season.
Grab your poles and skis and head down to the East Bay Bike Path for some Cross Country Skiing. Of course, you can go cross-country skiing anywhere there is snow and some flat land, but the East Bay Bike Path stretches about 14 miles from Bristol to India Point Park in Providence.
No better way to get into the holiday spirit than by going down to Trinity Rep to see A Christmas Carol.
As is the company’s custom, the entire production will be completely new from casting to design and theatrical magic. This past season’s production became the highest selling show in Trinity Rep history.
Dog Sled Tours with the Ultimate Dog Sledding Experience
Embrace the call of the wind and go up to New England Dog Sledding for dog sled tours. Tours are pulled by trained and "friendly" Husky sled dogs and are offered throughout the area.
Ultimate Dog Sledding is located just 40 minutes from Portland.
Across New England
It's practically a tradition for a lot of people, but ice fishing is an interesting winter experience. Head out to the ponds and see what you can get.
But be safe, it takes 4-6 inches of ice to support a person and 8-10 inches to support a vehicle.
Christmas at the Newport Mansions
The glitter of gold and the sparkle of silver will dazzle you as you tour three magnificent mansions decked out in Yuletide finery. Music, tours, and spectacular decorations highlight the celebration of Christmas at the Newport Mansions.
The Preservation Society of Newport County invites you to make holiday memories with your family by visiting The Breakers, The Elms and Marble House this holiday season.
- Ziggy Marley Delivers at Alex and Ani Center!
- Briana White — Wows at The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Back Rhodes Rocks The Alex and Ani Lounge on GoLocal LIVE
- Alex and Ani Celebrates Life of Six-Year Old with Pediatric Brain Tumor
- The King’s Busketeers Offer High Octane Folk Ballads at The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Amazing Performance by the Cast of Trinity Rep’s Ragtime in The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Lunchbagg Performs in the Alex and Ani Lounge
- Ben Shaw Performs in The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Providence Musician Alves Performs In The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Leland Baker Trio Performs In The Alex and Ani Lounge
- 13-Year-Old Rapper Kayciblu Wright Debuts New LP on The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Award-Winning Mark Cutler Performs at The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Collington Performs at the Alex and Ani Lounge
- Singer-Songwriter York Performs Songs Off Upcoming Album in The Alex and Ani Lounge
- Former Boston Drummer Jim Masdea Rocks the Alex and Ani Lounge
- Giammarco Performs in the Alex and Ani Lounge Ahead of Busy Summer Schedule
- Alex and Ani’s Rafaelian Teams With Ice Cube to Create Championship Rings for BIG3 Basketball League
- Alex and Ani Welcomes Old Glory Relay to Cranston Headquarters
- Staton of Senior Discount Plays The Alex and Ani Lounge Ahead of Album Release Show
- Alex and Ani Exceeds $50 Million in Charitable Donations