UNAP Members Issue 10 Day Strike Notice to RI Hospital
Saturday, July 14, 2018
The strike will begin on Monday, July 23 at 3 p.m. and go through Thursday, July 26 at 3 p.m.
On July 26, UNAP will make an unconditional offer to return to work.
"We do not take this step lightly and urge Lifespan executives to return to the bargaining table as quickly as possible so that a fair and competitive deal may be reached," said Frank Sims, RN, president of UNAP Local 5098.
This comes after UNAP members voted to reject Lifespan’s contract offer on Thursday.
UNAP Members Vote Down Lifespan
As GoLocalProv reported, Members of the United Nurses and Allied Professionals (UNAP) Local 5098 have voted to reject a new three-year contract offer from Lifespan.
"Our members took up their professions because they wanted to help and care for people, and they remain among the best-trained and most-dedicated health workers in our state. But their dedication has only been met by derision, as Lifespan fails to value and properly support the life-saving work our members perform every day. That must change," added Sims.
UNAP represents more than 2,400 nurses, therapists, technologists and other allied health professionals at Rhode Island and Hasbro Children's Hospitals.
Related Slideshow: RI Dept. of Health, RI Hospital Consent Agreement - June 2018
- UNAP Members to Protest Outside of Memorial Hospital on Monday
- UNAP Calls Care New England’s Effort to Close Memorial Hospital Intensive Care “Irreponsible”
- UNAP, Elected Leaders to Urge Health Dept. to Halt Memorial Hospital Closings
- Unknown and unappreciated? CCRI’s quest for the “big time”
- Care New England, UNAP Reach Agreement to Keep up to 200 Healthcare Jobs at Memorial
- UNAP’s Callaci: Union Lawsuit Prompted Action on Saving Memorial Jobs
- UNAP to Picket Outside of Rhode Island Hospital
- UNAP Issues Statement Following Lawsuit Filed in St. Joseph’s Pension Collapse
- UPDATED: Man Arrested for Stealing $109K from UNAP of RI’s Training Program
- UNAP Members Vote Down Lifespan Contract Offer at RI Hospital—Will Issue 10 Day Strike Notice
- Researchers at RI Hospital Discover Trend Among Veterans Fatally Overdosing
- NEW: RI Hospital Says Nurse Picket Thursday Will Not Interrupt Services
- See the List: RI Hospitals and Surgeons with Highest Complication Rates
- RI Hospitals With the Highest Complication Rates
- NEW: NIH Awards RI Hospital $5.8 Million to Support Cancer Research Program
- Women & Infants Becomes First RI Hospital with Leapfrog Distinction
- RI Hospital: Legalizing Med. Marijuana Does Not Increase Youth Use
- Are RI Hospitals Ready for an Ebola Outbreak?
- RI Hospitals’ Emergency Times Among Worst in US
- RI Hospital Nurses and Technicians Reject Contract Offer From Lifespan
- NEW: RI Hospital Nurses Ratify New Three Year Contract with Lifespan
- RI Hospital Awarded $5.8 Million Grant for Skeletal Health
- RI Hospitals: How Big and How Much Revenue
- Tuesday on LIVE: Prof. Lawless, Former RI Hospital President Iannuccilli, & The Horse-Eyed Men