NEW: Providence Jewelry Company HAVERHILL Launches Successful Kickstarter Campaign
Thursday, April 02, 2015
HAVERHILL Inc. of Providence has launched it's first crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to raise money to develop its 2015 fine jewelry collection, and has already exceeded the fundraising goal. The company has raised over $16,000, the original goal was $14,000.
“We closed 2014 with a fabulous holiday season. Now, we need working capital to produce our 2015 HAVERHILL fine jewelry collection. Launching a Kickstarter campaign seemed like the best approach to bridge this next step: we reach new customers, garnered support from our base of customers, friends and family, and do it all by using a different direct sales platform from our in-person trunk shows. By staying direct to consumer we offer great value and quality," said CEO Alison Cariati.
Cariati and Haverhill Leach plan to expand the company later this year by adding salespeople in selected regions throughout the country. They will also increase staff in Providence. “Our manufacturers and suppliers are prepared to ramp up production to meet demand and we are excited to begin this next phase of growth. We have demonstrated proof of concept, customers all across the country are love to buy our product,” says Cariati.
Since winning the 2013 Rhode Island Business Plan Competition, HAVERHILL Inc. has developed and produced an inaugural collection which was introduced to the market in 2014. Sales have tripled year after year from 2013 to 2014 and the company is on pace to do it again in 2015.
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition 2013 Names 15 Semi-Finalists
- NEW: RI Business Leaders Pledge Support for Same-Sex Marriage
- Carol Anne Costa: Bigger Fish To Fry With RI Business Reforms
- RI Business Plan Competition Names Winners
- The Top 10 Biggest Challenges for RI Businesses
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition Deadline Coming April 1
- NEW: Mollis Warns RI Businesses of Direct Mail Scam
- NEW: RIEDC Board & Chafee Vote to Improve Climate for RI Business
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition 2012 Names Semi-Finalists
- NEW: RI Business Plan Competition Announces 7 Finalists
- NEW: Winners Named in 2012 RI Business Plan Competition
- NEW: 2014 RI Business Plan Competition to Kick Off on Oct. 16
- Three RI Businesses Featured in International Electronics Show
- RI Business Plan Competition 2015 to Launch October
- Over 70 RI Businesses Celebrated at 20th Annual Worksite Health Awards
- Six RI Businesses Receive $269,963 in State Grants
- RI Business Plan Competition Announces Elevator Pitch Contest Winner
- Mattiello Receives Vote of Confidence from RI Business Leaders
- NEW: RI Business Leaders Urge Lawmakers to Rethink New Legislation