NEW: Rolling Stone Article Out Today Takes Harsh Look at Raimondo
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Taibbi, who has penned such articles as, "How Wall Street Killed Financial Reform" and "Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail," writes:
The rap was so convincing at first that the overwhelmed local burghers of her little petri-dish state didn't even know how to react. "She's Yale, Harvard, Oxford – she worked on Wall Street," says Paul Doughty, the current president of the Providence firefighters union. "Nobody wanted to be the first to raise his hand and admit he didn't know what the f--k she was talking about."
Raimondo, elected as the state's General Treasurer in 2010, is currently in the field polling for a potential gubernatorial run in 2014, following Mayor Angel Taveras' survey conducted last week, testing the waters as well.
Matt Taibbi is a contributing editor for Rolling Stone, and the author of five books and a winner of the National Magazine Award for commentary.
In April, Taibbi took a look at Third Point Capital's head Dan Loeb, and wrote a scathing indictment of the financial head's competing political connections in a piece entitled, "Dan Loeb Simultaneously Solicits, Betrays Pension Funds."
- Lisa Blais: RI’s Budget—State Pension, Tolls + The Big Win
- EXCLUSIVE: RI Pension Investment in Raimondo’s Pt. Judith Had Steep Losses
- MINDSETTER™ Ted Siedle: News from the State Pension is All Good
- Former Teachers Union Head Blasts Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- NEW: Former Union Head Day Blasts City Council on Pension Reform
- EXCLUSIVE: State Pension Fund Lost $200M under Raimondo
- INVESTIGATION: Despite Reform, Pensions Will Cost RI More in 2013
- In Case You Missed It: Raimondo’s Pension Investments
- LISTEN- Pensions Will Cost RI More in 2013 Despite Reform
- LIVE STREAM- RI ACLU Press Conference- Youth Suspension Implications