NEW: Dan Doyle Found Guilty on All 18 Counts in Embezzlement Trial
Monday, December 05, 2016
The development comes a week after closing arguments were heard at Washington Superior Court against Doyle, the former Executive Director for the Institute for International Sport who was indicted back in 2013.
As GoLocal reported:
Associate Justice Melanie Thunberg presided, urging jurors that the closing arguments did not constitute evidence in the trial, which began back in September with the selection of the jury, and saw 53 witnesses brought forth by the state and 12 by the defense.
“You promised you’d hold the state to burden of proof — as to each and every element of the crimes charged,” said Doyle’s attorney Michael Blanchard to the jury. “Trials are about fact and law. You have to put personal feelings aside and decide case solely on the facts.”
- Closing Arguments Heard in Dan Doyle Embezzlement Trial
- GoLocalTV: Doyle Questions State’s Evaluation of Grants to Institute for International Sport
- Dan Doyle Sues WPRI, Former 12 Sportscaster Calls Station’s Actions “Unethical”
- Dear Taxpayers of Rhode Island - Dan Doyle’s Daughters
- Dan Doyle Released from Hospital, Daughter Blasts Prosecutors
- Where Has Kilmartin Been on 38 Studios, Corso, and Doyle?
- NEW: Institute for Int’l Sport’s Doyle Arraigned on 18 Counts
- Exclusive: Dan Doyle Threatens to Sue WPRI 12 for Libel
- PODCAST: Doyle Lawyer Threatens Libel Suit Against Courant
- EXCLUSIVE: Dan Doyle Lawyer Threatens Libel Suit Against Newspaper