Technology, Government, and Hurricanes: #BIF2017 Summit Speaker Series’ Haisler on GoLocal LIVE
Friday, September 08, 2017
#BIF2017 Summit in Providence next week.
Haisler - who pioneered government use of commercial technologies such as Quick-Response (QR) barcodes, crowdsourcing, and gamification - talked with GoLocal News Editor Kate Nagle about government technology in the face of disaster -- including Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
"People will come together and create new ways of organizing and doing things," said Haisler. "A lot of things government puts in place...will fail. In the case Harvey, you saw the rise of things we couldn't expect in the public sector. Take Zello, a kind of walkie talkie app that even first responders used."
"Tech empowers anyone to find ways they can aid in these initiatives," said Haisler. "Government needs to be cognizant that they can't control all the platforms - you have to rely on ad-hoc networks popping up, and that's a good thing."
- Fast Company’s Webber Talks Media, Innovation on GoLocal LIVE’s #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series
- Fast Company Co-Founder Webber to Preview #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series on GoLocal
- Business Innovation Factory Announces #BIF2017 Media Partner With GoLocal24 - Will Live Stream
- Wall Street Journal Tech Superstar Mossberg on LIVE Thursday for #BIF2017 Summit Storyteller Series
- Pat’s Andruzzi on His Personal Journey from NFL to Cancer - #BIF2017 Summit Speaker Series
- “Optimism is Critical,” Says Former CIA Intelligence Director Medina - #BIF2017 Summit
- BIF’s Kaplan Talks Amazon’s Disruption to Supermarkets, New Uber CEO, and #BIF2017
- Kaplan: Welcome to #BIF2017. Let the Inspiration Begin!
- 500+ “Innovation Junkies” Pack BIF2015 Summit in Providence
- Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2016
- Kaplan: Three Things Are Changing: 1) The Market 2) BIF 3) Me
- Introducing BIF’s Design Methodology for Next Practices and New Business Models
- Saul Kaplan: Welcome To #BIF2015!
- First Six Storytellers Announced For 2015 BIF Summit
- Highlights and Reactions from Day One of #BIF9 in Providence
- Business Innovation Factory BIF10 Summit Draws Packed Crowd at Trinity Rep
- BIF’s Kaplan on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday Looks at Uber’s Controversial CEO
- BIF Scores Million Dollar Grant from NY’s Carnegie Corporation
- BIF’s Kaplan Says Deepwater Wind is an Example of RI Taking Advantage of Its Size
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan of BIF Talks RI’s Biggest Salesperson on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Kaplan Talks About the Potential to Innovate RI’s Economy Via the Colleges
- Saul Kaplan: “The Innovator” Discusses How RI Can Transform Its Attitude and Performance
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan Says Its Time to Rethink Parking, Transportation, and Commuting
- The Innovator Saul Kaplan on Why Failing is the Key to Success When Reinventing
- LIVE: Saul Kaplan Talks the Innovation of RI Government Tech
- Kaplan: Next Practices vs. Best Practices
- Saul Kaplan: So Many Corporate Innovation Labs, So Little Innovation
- Saul Kaplan: Topics Are Overrated!
- Saul Kaplan: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Goodness
- Kaplan: Innovation Lessons From Michelangelo
- Kaplan: What’s Your From…To Story?
- “Mr Innovation” Saul Kaplan Joins GoLocal LIVE and Talks Uber, GE, and the Eclipse
- Kaplan: Happy Labor Day
- LIVE: Kaplan Believes RI Could Become Innovation District
- Kaplan & Dand: Converting Emerging Tech Into Next Practices
- “Mr. Innovation” Saul Kaplan on Amazon and Whole Foods Merger and Impact on RI
- Mr. Innovation Saul Kaplan Say RI Could Be America’s Laboratory for Change
- Kaplan Discusses RI’s Missed Opportunity to Innovate