NEW: Carrie Fisher Drops Out of Comic Con Due to Illness
Friday, November 06, 2015
Rhode Island Comic Con due to illness. RI Comic Con released the following statement on their Facebook page:
"Due to temporary illness, Carrie Fisher will have to postpone her appearance at Rhode Island Comic Con until 2016. She deeply regrets having to do this and looks forward to meeting all of her wonderful fans in Rhode Island next year. Any and all pre-purchased autographs and photo ops will be refunded through Eventbrite within the next 7-10 business days."
Fisher plays the role of Princess Leia in the original Star Wars Trilogy and is reprises the role in Episode VII: The Force Awakens, which comes out next month.
Despite Fisher's absence, Comic Con will still boast a strong line up of celebrities including David Prowse, who played Darth Vader and Kevin Conroy, who plays the voice of Batman in various animated TV shows, movies and video games.
Comic Con kicks off on Friday, November 6th at 3 p.m.
- UPDATED: Projo Shrinks by 82%, Comic Con Controversy, and Yes, TV is Next
- UPDATED: Was Comic Con Too Popular - Fire Marshall and Social Media Less Than Pleased
- 10 Cool Things to See at RI Comic Con
- NEW: RI Comic Con Apologizes for Attempting to Control Press Coverage
- Princess Leia Coming to RI Comic Con
- Incredible Hulk Actor Lou Ferrigno is Coming to RI Comic Con
- Darth Vader Coming to RI Comic Con
- Voices of Batman, Spongebob Coming to RI Comic Con
- 10 Things to See at RI Comic Con 2015