Family Matters: 10 Ways to Celebrate the End of Summer
Friday, August 24, 2012
2. Stay in your PJs all morning. Make the lazy days of summer last just a bit longer.
3. Go to the drive-in. Although our favorite one is the Wellfleet Drive-In on Cape Cod with the original large single screen, locally in Rhode Island we can visit the Rustic Drive-In locally (now split into 3 screening areas).
4. Camp out in your backyard. Tell ghost stories or make shadow puppets.
5. Have a sunset picnic at the beach. Pack a picnic and head to the beach after 5:00 when parking is free, the beach is quieter, the sun is cooler and the light is amazing.
6. Decorate your backpack. Make your own Shrinky Dink keychains.
7. Take a rhode trip. Be a tourist in your state. Plan a destination, pack some snacks and hit the road. Check the Kidoinfo list of day trips in the Rhode Island area.
8. Stay up and catch fireflies. Find out more.
9. Go for a bike ride on the East Bay Bike path. Have a yummy snack at the The Fruity Cow located on the Bike Path & Child Street in Warren, RI.
10. Read Books about the beach, fish and other such things. Some of our favorites are Stella, Star of the Sea by Marie-Louise Gay, Dory Story by Jerry Pallotta and illustrated by David Biedrzycki or Fish Eyes: A Book You Can Count On by Lois Ehlert.
If you valued this article, please LIKE GoLocalProv.com on Facebook by clicking HERE.
For more Lifestyle, check out GoLocalTV fresh every day at 4pm, and on demand 24/7, here.
- Family Matters: 10 Ways Kids Can Play All by Themselves
- Family Matters: 100 Things To Do in RI With the Kids
- Family Matters: Summer Staycations
- Family Matters: Mother-Son Bookclubs