NEW: Medical Marijuana ‘Consultancy’ Shut Down By Dept. of Health
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
11th State Consultations, LTD, is an organization located at 400 Reservoir Avenue in Providence, and is operated by Tom Folcarelli and Maria Petrucci, according to documents filed by HEALTH.
Investigation by HEALTH
On October 23, 2012, HEALTH initiated an inspection of 11th State Consultations after receiving information from Dr. Soneath Pond regrading his work as an independent consultant for the organization. Preliminary evidence gathered by HEALTH indicates that 11th State Consultations "provides health care consultations and conducts medical and health care assessments to individuals of the public on an outpatient basis on the premises … and provides individuals based on their medical assessment with an authorization by a licensed medical practitioner for the use of medical marijuana."
Pursuant to RI General Laws, those activities fall under the definition of a Health Care Facility, but 11th State Consultations is not organized or registered as such.
11th State has been ordered to "cease marketing and providing patient consultations and assessment services to the public for the purpose of providing medical authorizations for medical marijuana," according to HEALTH. Any failure to do so will result in further action, according to HEALTH, which may include fines or imprisonment for more than one year.
- State Report: Medical Marijuana, RI’s Business Ranking & Obama Supports Cicilline
- State Budget Paves Way For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- RI Hospital: New Treatments for Marijuana Abuse in Parolees
- RI Hospital Expert: Is Medical Marijuana Bad for MS Patients?
- Poll Shows Half of Americans Support Legalizing Marijuana
- Will Rhode Island Legalize Marijuana?
- NEW: Watson Tests Positive for Marijuana, Cocaine
- UPDATED: Watson Says Marijuana Use Is Medical
- NEW: Top 10 National Marijuana Stories—Rhode Island’s Got One
- State Report: Strippers, Marijuana Dispensaries & Legislive Payraises
- NEW: RI Doc Suspended for Marijuana Abuses, Another Terminated for Facebook Misuse