RIB & Rhein Team With Swarovski for Tea Party Fundraiser Benefiting Newport Art Museum
Sunday, May 28, 2017
RIB & Rhein is kicking off the summer social season with a tea party fundraiser in collaboration with Atelier Swarovski.
Benefits from the fundraiser will go to the Newport Art Museum.
The party will feature masks made of Swarovski crystals.
“We are beyond thrilled to collaborate with Atelier Swarovski on a series of upscale events that showcases their artistry, their place in the international arts and cultural world, and their passion for innovation which has led them to become the premiere crystal jewelry and accessories brand they are today,” said Thomas Ribeiro, co-owner, RIB & Rhein.
The tea party will be held on Saturday, June 3 at 3 p.m. at the RIB & Rhein store on William Street in Newport.
Future Collaboration With Swarovski
Launched by Nadja Swarovski in 2007, Atelier Swarovski has teamed with some of fashion, design and architecture’s biggest and best talents, from Chanel and Fendi designer, Karl Lagerfeld to British architect, Zaha Hadid and Oscar-winning costume designer, Sandy Powell.
Swarovski has also partnered with many young designers who have gone on to global recognition including Erdem Moralioglu, Joseph Altuzzara, and Prabal Gurung.
“Our sponsorship of the Art Museum summer gala is only the first of our summer-long collaborations with Atelier Swarovski. We also will introduce this summer a line of incredible pieces by Atelier Swarovski and Lanvin, a collection that blends timeless glamour and elegance with bold graphic touches,” said Riberio.
He continued, “and still later in the season, we’ll host a Swarovski runway dress presentation, a two-week display of the beautiful art sculpture titled, “Christa” by Zaha Hadid, and an evening with American businesswoman, interior designer and fashion icon, Iris Apfel.”
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 26, 2017
Start at the top - 1/2 price Raw Bar at Hotel Viking
The title says it all, 1/2 price raw bar at the Top of Newport every Friday until September from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Spring Release Party at Newport Vineyards
Enjoy the newest wine releases from Newport Vineyards during their Spring Release Party that is taking place on Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The party will consist of great wine, live music and more.
Award Winning Improv Comedy with The Bit Players
Get over to Firehouse Theater at 4 Equality Park Place in Newport to watch the award winning improv comedy of The Bit Players.
The show begins at 8 p.m. and is BYOB.
Rotary Charity Polo Match at Newport International Polo Grounds
The Newport Rotary Club's annual benefit match will kick off the summer at the polo grounds of Glen Farm on Saturday, May 27, at 5 p.m.
All sale proceeds of the day support the Rotary’s scholarship and charitable programs, and local and international giving programs.
Mixology Master Class at The Vanderbilt Grace
Learn the art of mixing drinks at the Vanderbilt Grace from 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Guests enjoy complimentary Small Bites’, as they shake up concoctions beside our resident Mixologists.
Newport String Project Season Finale
The Newport String Project’s fourth season comes to a close at the Newport Art Museum on Sunday at 2:00 PM.
Project directors and violinists, Emma Lee Holmes-Hicks and Ealain McMullin will be joined by guest musicians Sarah Hill (viola) and Chelsea Bernstein (cello) for a program of string quartets by Haydn and Schumann.
Clement Rhum Event at Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen
Fluke Newport will be hosting a rum tasting on Sunday starting at 3:00 p.m.
Guests can learn about and taste Clement Rhum individually and in cocktails.
Sunday Jazz Brunch at 5th Element
Kick off your Sunday the right way but eating great food and listening to Jazz at 5th Element.
What could be better?
Sunday Jazz Brunch runs from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Craft Burger and Draft Beer at Top of Newport
Every week, the culinary crew at Top of Newport creates a handcrafted burger and pairs it with a draft beer.
The menu is available 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Burgers and beer, don't miss out.
Blackstone Valley Artists Scenes from New England at Spring Bull Studio & Gallery
The exhibition is in its final days of being open so do not miss out.
It showcases the works of Adele Corrigan, Carol Frieswick, Wayne Peltier, Dianne Panarelli Miller, Frank Robertson, Vail Pagliarani, Robin Wessman, Colleen Vandeventer and Aivars Zandbergs.
The exhibition is open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- City of Newport Launches Newport Re-Uses Program to Help Environment
- Ground Broken on Breakers’ Visitor Center & Highlights of Start of Newport Summer Season
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Fun Memorial Day Weekend Dates + Sailing Into Summer In Seersucker
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, Calling Off Wedding + Turning Off Phones
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Handling Lustful Advances, Umbrella Etiquette, + Wedding Registries
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Saying “Sorry” Isn’t Enough + Weddings + Parties
- GOP Grande Dame of Newport Slocum’s Mansion for Sale
- NEW: Providence-Newport Ferry to Return for 2017 Season
- Newport Country Club to Host 2020 U.S. Senior Open
- LIVE: Newport’s Florez Talks Marijuana, Economy & More, in Race for Paiva Weed’s Senate Seat
- Newport Jazz Festival Announces 4th Part of 2017 Lineup
- Former Newport Police Sergeant Pleads Not Guilty to Wire Fraud Charges
- Free Trees for Newporters
- Newport Restaurant Week Features 50 Restaurants - See the Participants
- Harry’s Bar & Burger to Open New Restaurant in Newport
- Legendary Fashion Designer Cardin to Visit Newport Mansions This Summer
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Handling Eye Rolling, Body-Shaming & Graduate Guidelines
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: May to December Romance, Travel Tipping Guide & 5 Best Proposal Spots
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - May 26, 2017
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Weddings, Funerals, Gossiping +More
- LIVE: April Fools’ Day is a Barrel of Laughs at Newport Vineyards
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mrs. Trump’s Bad Table Manners, Weddings + More
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: 2017 Wedding Trends + How to Accept A Compliment
- Newport Daffodil Days Festival to Feature Over 20 Events