Former PC Star Brooks Traded to Chicago
Friday, January 04, 2019
according to ESPN.
Brooks was part of a deal that saw the Grizzlies acquire Justin Holiday, while the Bulls receive Brooks, Wayne Selden, as well as, a 2019 and 2020 second-round draft pick.
The trade comes a little less than a month after Brooks was nearly traded to the Phoenix Suns as part of a three-way deal, but the deal fell apart.
Brooks in the NBA
In 29 games this season with Memphis, Brooks averaged 6.6 points and 1.6 rebounds in 13.3 minutes per game.
Brooks joined the Grizzlies last season after spending time overseas following the 2014 season.
Since being drafted in 2011, Brooks has played a total of 200 NBA games, averaged eight points and 17 minutes per game.
Chicago will be Brooks' sixth NBA team.
PC Alumni Team Up
In Chicago, Brooks will team up with another former Providence College star in Kris Dunn.
In just 12 games played this season due to injury, Dunn is averaging 13.5 points, six assists, and five rebounds in 30 minutes of action per game.
They are the only two Friars currently on an NBA roster.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Providence College NBA Draft Picks of All-Time
MarShon Brook was drafted 25th overall in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics before they traded him to the New Jersey Nets. Brooks played 3 seasons in the NBA and is currently playing over seas.
In his career, Brooks played for the Nets, Celtics and Lakers and was named to the NBA All-Rookie 2nd Team in 2012.
In his rookie season with the Nets, Brooks averaged 12.6 points per game.
Simpkins was drafted 21st overall by the Chicago Bulls in the 1994 NBA Draft and played 8 seasons in the league.
Simpkins averaged 4.2 points per game in his NBA Career playing for three teams including the Bulls, Golden State Warriors and Atlanta Hawks.
Simpkins won three NBA Championshps while with the Bulls with a little help from Michael Jordan.
Murdock was drafted 21st overall by the Utah Jazz in the 1991 NBA Draft and played 9 seasons in the league.
In his career, Murdock averaged 10.1 points and 4.9 rebounds per game while playing for 7 teams including the Jazz, Milwaukee Bucks, Vancouver Grizzlies, Denver Nuggets, Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets and Lost Angeles Clippers.
Williams was drafted 14th overall by the Boston Celtics in the 1995 NBA Draft and played 12 seasons in the league.
In his career, Williams averaged 8.6 points and 3.3 rebounds per game while playing for 7 different teams including the Celtics, Denver Nuggets, Cleveland Cavaliers, New Jersey Nets, Toronot Raptors, San Antonio Spurs and Charlotte bobcats.
Croshere was drafted 12th overall by the Indiana Pacers in the 1997 NBA Draft and played 12 seasons in the league
In his career, he played for 5 teams including the Pacers, Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors, Milwaukee Bucks and San Antonio Spurs.
Croshere averaged 6.8 points and 4 rebounds per game in the NBA.
Photo: Golden State Warriors
Thorpe was drafted 9th overall in the 1984 NBA Draft by the Kansas City Kings and played 17 seasons in the league.
Thorpe won the NBA Championship in 1994 with the Houston Rockets and averaged 14 points and 8.2 rebounds per game in his career.
Thorpe played for 8 teams in his career, including the Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers, Detroit Pistons, Vancouver Grizzlies, Washington Wizards, Miami Heat and Charlotte Hornets.
Wilkens was drafted 6th overall in the 1960 NBA Draft by the St.Louis Hawks and played 15 seasons in the NBA.
Wilkens averaged 16.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game in his NBA Career while playing for the Hawks, Seattle SuperSonics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Portland Trail Blazers.
Wilkens was inducted into the basketball Hall of Fame as a player in 1989 and then as a coach in 1998.
Dunn was the number 3 overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft after a tremendous career Providence College.
He was all-everything at Providence -- all-Big East and arguably the best point guard in college basketball his senior year. He was two-time Big East Player of the Year.
He was selected 5th pick in the draft. He was picked by the Minnesota Timberwolves. Later he was traded to the Chicago Bulls.
Ernie D was drafted 3rd overall by the Buffalo Braves in the 1973 NBA Draft and played 5 seasons in the league before suffering a knee injury.
DiGregorio played for the Braves, the LA Lakers and the Boston Celtics and averaged 9.6 points per game and 5.1 assists per game.
He still holds the NBA rookie record for assists in a single game with 25.
Marvin Barnes was drafted 2nd overall in the 1974 draft by the Philadelphia 76ers.
However, he was also drafted 2nd overall by the Spirits of St. Louis in the 1974 ABA Draft which is what he opted for.
Barnes did end up playing in the NBA from 1976-1980 where he averaged 9.2 points per game and 5.5 rebounds per game. Barnes played for the Pistons, the Buffalo Braves, Boston Celtics and San Diego Clippers in the NBA.
Jimmy Walker was taken with the #1 overall pick by the Detroit Pistons in the 1967 draft.
Walker played 9 seasons in the NBA from 1967-1976 and averaged 16.7 points per game in the league, making the all-star team twice.
Walker also played for the Houston Rockets and Kansas City Kings in his career.
- NBA DRAFT: Where will Marshon Brooks Land? See All the Predictions
- Cordischi: Where is Marshon Brooks Going in Tonight’s NBA Draft
- Marshon Brooks Impresses At Nike Pro-City League In NYC
- PC Star Marshon Brooks Self-Alley-Oop
- NEW: Kris Dunn to Return to PC
- Kris Dunn’s Dunk En Route to a Triple-Double
- SEE IT AGAIN: Kris Dunn’s Game Winning Step Back Jumper
- REPORT: Kris Dunn To Return to PC
- Kris Dunn: 15 to Watch in RI in 2015
- Exclusive: Kris Dunn Will Commit To PC
- Breaking News: PC’s Kris Dunn Out for Season with Shoulder Injury
- NEW: Kris Dunn’s Insane Layup Gets Him to 1,000 Points
- Is Ben Bentil Out Playing Kris Dunn in The Big East?
- NEW: PC’s Kris Dunn Drafted 5th Overall by the Timberwolves
- Kris Dunn Signs Rookie Contract With Timberwolves, Plays Summer League Tonight
- Kris Dunn, Bryce Cotton Shine in 2016 NBA Summer League Debuts
- NEW: Ex PC Star Kris Dunn Invited to Play for USA Basketball’s Select Team
- PC’s Kris Dunn Will Declare for 2016 NBA Draft
- Kris Dunn’s Top 5 Games at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center
- PC’s Kris Dunn Named Big East Player of the Year
- PC Basketball Alum Kris Dunn Suffers Concussion in NBA Summer League Game
- PC Basketball Gets Commitment From 3-Star Forward Kris Monroe
- PC Basketball Gets Commitment From Top-50 Recruit AJ Reeves
- PC Basketball Gets Commitment from Forward Jimmy Nichols for Class of 2018
- PC Basketball’s 2017-18 Big East Schedule Announced
- PC Basketball Forward Holt Out Indefinitely With Abdominal Issues
- NEW: Former PC Basketball Star Dunn Traded to Chicago
- PC Basketball Releases 2017-18 Non-Conference Schedule
- NEW: PC Basketball’s Bullock to Enter NBA Draft, Not Hire an Agent
- 6 Things to Know About the Future of PC Basketball
- PC Basketball’s Council II to Transfer
- PC Basketball Gets Commitment from 4-Star Guard Ashton-Langford
- PC Basketball Gets Commitment From Former Classical HS Star David Duke
- PC Basketball Picked 4th in Big East Preseason Poll
- PC Basketball’s Big East Schedule Announced
- PC Basketball Games Move From WEEI to WPRO Starting in 2018-19
- PC Basketball Picked to Finish 3rd in Big East Preseason Poll
- PC Basketball Cruises Past Bowie State 83-55 in Final Exhibition Game
- Tickets for URI vs PC Basketball Game go on Sale Thursday
- PC Basketball Gets Verbal Commitment From Top 60 Recruit Gantt
- Dickens Leaves PC Basketball Program for Old Dominion