Raimondo Wins Key Gun Control Organization’s Endorsement
Saturday, September 08, 2018
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund who endorsed Raimondo for re-election in the September 12th, Democratic primary. Everytown is "a movement of Americans working together to end gun violence and build safer communities."
Both Raimondo and her Democratic primary opponent Matt Brown were previously ranked by the organization as "these gun sense candidates have pledged to vote on the side of gun safety if elected to office." But, ultimately Raimondo won the group's organization.
Raimondo was joined Friday by local President of Moms Demand Action Jennifer Boylan and gun violence survivor Giovanna Rodriguez at the Southside Cultural Center in Providence for an event to announce the endorsement.
“Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund is proud to endorse Gov. Gina Raimondo, a proven gun safety champion,” said Molly Corbett, Everytown for Gun Safety spokesperson. “Time and time again, Gov. Raimondo has demonstrated her commitment to passing gun violence prevention policies that are proven to save lives. In November, Americans will elect leaders like Gov. Raimondo who will stand up for their safety.”
Raimondo has taken significant campaign donations from NRA's Rhode Island lobbyist and has repeatedly refused to return the donations.
The press release states: Since taking office, Governor Raimondo has been a gun sense governor. She signed legislation to take guns away from domestic abusers, she was the first governor in America to sign an executive order after the Parkland shooting establishing a Red Flag policy to get guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals, she signed Red Flag legislation into law in June, signed a ban on bump stocks that turn rifles into machine guns, announced $10 million in state funding available to Rhode Island schools for safety upgrades, took executive action to ban all firearms, except those carried by law enforcement officers, from public PK-12 school buildings and school grounds, and has pledged to push for an assault weapons ban in her second term.
- 2018 Gov’s Race Playbook — Newport’s Wealthiest Come Out for Raimondo
- Raimondo Gave Incentives to 24 Major Companies — None Led by Women, Blacks, or Latinos
- International Longshoremen’s Assoc. & Amalgamated Transit Union Endorse Raimondo for Governor
- Raimondo Pitched Krafts on Revolution, But Says Owners “Very Committed to Boston”
- Fung Blasts Raimondo for Hiring Britt—But Fung Tried to Hire Britt First
- NEA Bucks Raimondo - Refuses to Endorse Her
- 2018 Gov’s Playbook: Fung & Raimondo Battle Over Immigration — Who Is a Liar?
- Where is Gina Raimondo — No Debates, No Public Schedule
- EDITORIAL: Raimondo’s Advisors Don’t Believe in Raimondo
- VIDEOS: Raimondo & Brown Elevate Charges of Lies and Failures - Gov Still Refuses to Debate
- Raimondo Orders Flags to Fly at Half-Staff in Honor of McCain
- BREAKING: Chafee Says Raimondo Too “Scared” to Debate
- NEW: Brown Issues Cease & Desist Letter to Raimondo - UPDATED
- Raimondo’s Investment Lost Millions in State Funds and For Point Judith Capital
- Raimondo Has Yet to Buy Latino Radio, But Has Spent Hundreds of Thousands with Sinclair
- Raimondo Announces 3rd Round of Wavemaker Fellowships
- Raimondo Claims Brown Campaign is $300K in Debt; Brown Fires Back on Raimondo Loans
- 2018 Gov’s Playbook: Morgan Scores Points, Raimondo Goes Negative
- Former Top Raimondo Aide Now Executive for Embattled 195 Consultant to DOT
- Sens. Metts, Quezada & Cano Call on Raimondo to Appoint Minorities to Judicial Openings
- Raimondo Administration Refuses to Provide Legal Opinion for New School Gun Policy
- NEW: Anti-Power Plant, LNG Activists to Demonstrate at Raimondo Event Tonight