Cheat Sheet 18, FBI Files: Big Mob Hit, Projo Asks RFK for FBI’s Files, Trouble from “Irishman”
Monday, December 07, 2015
Make no mistake about it, the files are layered with information about a time where the scope and reach of the Patriarca crime family permeated nearly every aspect of life in New England.
PAGE 11 The FBI is investigating the attempt to kill John “Jackie” Nazarian
The infamous Nazarian is alleged to have been the hit man for Raymond Patriarca and to have pulled off one of the biggest hits in mob history - the hit on Albert Anastassio, the head of the Gambino Crime Family.
As it has been reported:
On the morning of October 25, 1957, Anastasia entered the barber shop of the Park Sheraton Hotel, at 56th Street and 7th Avenue inMidtown Manhattan.
Anastasia's driver parked the car in an underground garage and then took a walk outside, leaving Anastasia unprotected. As Anastasia relaxed in the barber chair, two men—scarves covering their faces—rushed in, shoved the barber out of the way, and fired at Anastasia. After the first volley of bullets, Anastasia allegedly lunged at his killers. However, the stunned Anastasia had actually attacked the gunmen's reflections in the wall mirror of the barber shop. The gunmen continued firing and Albert Anastasia finally fell to the floor, dead.
The murder was reported on the front page of the New York Times “ANASTASIA SLAIN IN A HOTEL HERE; LED MURDER, INC.”
The murder was allegedly contracted by the Genovese family to Patriarca and that the hit was led by Nazarian.
In the effort the defend the Providence Journal against the $1 Million libel suit brought by Raymond Patriarca against the paper, the paper’s attorney “is going to make an appointment with the Attorney General (Robert Kennedy) of the United States at Washington, D.C. for the purposes of having FBI files and any other files re subject made available to him in an effort to obtain substantial proof that subject (Patriarca) is a hoodlum and racketeer, and characterized in articles presented by the Providence Journal newspaper.”
PAGE 20 Hoover Tells Kennedy He is Opposed to Giving Files to Projo Lawyers
In a strongly worded memo, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover tells Robert Kennedy he is strongly opposed to turning over any files to the attorneys for the Providence Journal, “I am confident you share my view that it is inadvisability of making any information available…”
PAGE 35 “Devastating Blonde”
According to FBI files and reports fro the City of Boston, Patrairca was looking to expand his cigarette machine holdings by expanding into Boston. The application for new licenses was drooped off “by a girl whom is described as a beautiful blonde who was ‘devastating.’ Thus, the personal immediately became interested in the application and Raymond Patriarca’s name was noted. The blonde is apparently from the office of the applicant’s attorney…”
PAGE 43 IRS Investigates Ties Between Patriarca and Duddie’s Cadillac in Worcester
FBI documents unveils that the IRS is conducting an investigation into the ties between the Patriarca crime family and financial holdings in a range of businesses including Duddie’s.
Patriarca’s license applications for vending machines in Boston may have been held up because the licenses board chair had motivation
Patriarca had applied for a cigarrette vending machine license in Massachusetts (possibly Boston) that he received trouble from “an Irishman” who is head of the Licensing Board for the State of Massachusetts, and the reason that his license request was denied was due to the fact that this “Irishman” had 400 cigarette machines of his own out on location that these machines were in a company, possibly under a “dummy” name.
Related Slideshow: FBI Files - The Patriarca Papers - Entry 18
- Cheat Sheet 1 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils GOP Advisor, Las Vegas, and Criminal Record
- Cheat Sheet 2 The Patriarca Papers – FBI Files Unveils Mollicone and Prison Break Murders
- Cheat Sheet 3, Part 2 The Patriarca Papers – Supreme Court Justice, Miami Trip, & Col. Stone
- Cheat Sheet 3 The Patriarca Papers – Ties to NY Families, Biltmore and Listening Devices
- Cheat Sheet 4, FBI Files Unveils the Business Ties of Patriarca’s Lawyers
- Cheat Sheet 5, FBI Files Unveils His Girl Friend, the Media is to Blame and JP Morgan
- Cheat Sheet 6, FBI Files Unveils Patriarca’s Ties to Port and Alleged Connection to Drugs
- Cheat Sheet 13: Patriarca’s Home’s Property Tax is $421 and Bugging the Coin-O-Matic
- Cheat Sheet 9, FBI Files: Patriarca, Gov. Notte, Mayor Curley and So Much More
- Cheat Sheet 10, FBI Files Unveils the Big Wedding, Patriarca’s Girl and Senate Testimony
- Cheat Sheet 11, The Patriarca Papers Unveil Sam Giancana, Meyer Lansky and Jerry Angiulo
- Cheat Sheet 12, FBI Files: Patriarca and Robert Kennedy, $1M Suit Against Projo
- Cheat Sheet 14, FBI Files: IQ of 80, Dunes Hotel in Vegas and Howard Johnsons
- Cheat Sheet 15, FBI Files: Frank Costello, Auction of White City, and Miami Club
- Cheat Sheet 16, FBI Files: Did Patriarca Have Anything to do with Bugsy Siegel’s Murder?
- Cheat Sheet 17, FBI Files: Patriarca Ties to Brink’s Robbery and Jack Witschi’s Sports Arena