RI Marijuana Advocate Moffat LIVE: “We’ve Waited Long Enough,” After MA Tops $2.2 Million in Sales
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Moffat, who was formerly the head of the pro-"tax and regulate" legalization advocacy group RegulateRI, spoke to other states where he had success leading efforts, said there is no reason why the Rhode Island General Assembly shouldn't take an up-or-down vote on a legalization measure.
On Tuesday, Massachusetts announced over $2.2 million in gross sales in their first five days. (MORE BELOW)
"I think at this point, there are still folks who disagree with legalization, and we can debate a lot of different aspects of it, but I think everyone is able to make an informed decision about whether or not they agree with it," said Moffat.
"I think that's going to be one our biggest arguments during the upcoming Rhode Island General Assembly session...we've waited long enough. There's really no excuse to delay a vote," said Moffat.
SEE MORE BELOW VIDEO
Massachusetts Tops $2.2 Million in Marijuana Sales in First Five Days
Massachusetts reported $2.2 million in gross sales of marijuana in its first five days of legalization, according to the Commonwealth's Cannabis Control Commission.
During the five days, over 56 thousand units were purchased, with an average of 3.4 units per transaction -- and the average spent per unit was just under $40.
SEE CHART BELOW
On Tuesday, the Boston Globe reported, "New pot shop’s neighbors say traffic jams are awful," of the store "Cultivate" in Leicester.
At an emergency meeting at Town Hall Monday night, dozens of angry residents excoriated elected officials and executives from the local marijuana store — Cultivate, one of just two currently operating on the East Coast — for failing to adequately control the hordes of cannabis consumers and curiosity-seekers who have descended on this small town outside Worcester.
Among their complaints: long lines of traffic, closed streets and detours, pedestrians trekking along a highway with no sidewalk, litter, public urination and pot consumption, overly aggressive shuttle bus drivers ferrying customers to and from a nearby parking lot, and poor communication from Cultivate.
- RI and Marijuana, Did the Feds Change the Game?
- Narducci Opposes Proposed Marijuana Dispensary in Providence Neighborhood
- LIVE: Whitcomb on Wolff’s White House Book & Marijuana Laws
- Rep. Diaz Introduces Bill to Add Marijuana, Vapor to Secondhand Smoke Laws
- Study Commission on Marijuana Legalization to Hold Meeting at State House
- NEW: Man Arrested for Possession of 50 Pounds of Marijuana Worth an Estimated $50,000
- Mattiello on LIVE: Marijuana Dead, Car Tax Repeal Extended to 6 Years
- Regulate RI Proposes Marijuana Legalization Compromise; Speaker’s Office Says Too Late This Session
- Regulate RI Calls Marijuana Study Commission “Flawed Delay Tactic,” Members Will Not Participate
- LIVE: Latest on ACLU Medical Marijuana Battle Against Smithfield
- MA Dept. of Health Suspends Sales of Medical Marijuana Products at Healthy Pharms
- Progressive Dem & RI Senate Candidate Bell on Guns, Medicaid, PawSox, Taxes, & Marijuana
- RI State Police Arrest Man With 69 Pounds of Marijuana Worth $140K
- Marijuana Race - MA is Not Very Far Ahead of RI
- RIDOH Accepting Laboratory Applications for Sampling & Testing of Medical Marijuana
- Man Charged With Possessing Over 400 Marijuana Plants in Providence
- Marijuana Legal in MA, Sports Betting Going Live in RI — What You Need to Know
- New Study Finds 21% of MA Residents Used Marijuana in Last 30 Days
- “I Feel Good” About Legalizing Marijuana in RI Next Year, Says Rep. Slater on LIVE
- Tassoni on Marijuana, Gaming’s Growing Impact on RI on LIVE
- RI Compassion Center Employee Denied Mortgage Due to “Marijuana Related” Income
- Fung on Economic Plan, Marijuana, PawSox, and More on LIVE
- B & B Consulting to Offer Disabled Vets Free Access to Medical Marijuana