LIVE: What’s Old is New Again At the Providence Flea
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Providence Flea says consumers in Rhode Island The Providence Flea want locally made items.
“I think the buy local movement is huge,” Tocco says.
With over 50 vendors, Tocco says there are one of a kind items at the Providence Flea.
“I think there is a big burgeoning maker movement,” Tocco says, “it seems that what’s old is new again. People really love vintage findings, they love turning toward their passion. There are so many people trying to make a living doing what they love.”
That’s part of the reason they expanded to winter and spring markets held indoors at Hope High School, on Hope Street in Providence.
Buying locally can help the environment and the economy as well.
“If you shift 10% of your spending, it could mean hundreds of thousands of dollars that remain in the local community,” Tocco says.
The Providence Flea is held on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month through April.
The Flea returns outdoors to South Water Street for their Fifth Season on June 4th.
- Reppucci Founder of Sons of Liberty Spirits Co. Goes LIVE with O’Brien
- LIVE: Luca + Danni Could Be One of RI’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2017
- LIVE: Rose Weaver Joins Molly O’Brien
- Penguins from Mystic Visit GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Saul Kaplan Talks the Innovation of RI Government Tech
- Girls on the Run O’Hara Discusses Combating Bullying on LIVE
- Prov Ranks As One of Worst State Capitals to Live In — Even Behind Augusta, ME
- Raimondo, Chafee and Mattiello All on GoLocal LIVE - See the Schedule
- Stages of Freedom Rickman Joins LIVE to Discuss Black History Month
- Anthony Maione Discussed the Impact of Ten Years of 211 on GoLocal LIVE
- Governor Raimondo On GoLocal LIVE and Talks UHIP, 38 Studios, and Free College Tuition
- LIVE: Providence Preservation Society Talks Restoration and Winter Bash
- Fall River Mayor Correia Talks Tourism on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Wickford Pop Up Art Show Inspired by Women’s March On Washington
- Jim Nellis of RI Food Fights Talks Donuts and So Much More on LIVE
- Newport Vineyards’ Visits LIVE and Talks About Completion of the Multi-Million Dollars Expansion
- LIVE: Morgan Talks Trump, Corporate “Social Welfare” and Legislative Agenda
- LIVE: Audubon Brings an Amazing Owl to GoLocal
- LIVE: Trudy Coxe Talks Tourism and the Future of Preserving the Past
- Brad Read, Volvo Ocean Race Joins Molly O’Brien on GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Dickinson, Former Asst AG & GoLocal’s Attorney Discusses Raimondo’s 38 Studios Announcement