LIVE: URI Hurricane Expert Ginis Builds Models of High Impact Hurricane Scenarios
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
University of Rhode Island (URI) Professor Isaac Ginis and his colleagues created computer models of a hypothetical high impact storm scenario entitled “Hurricane Rhody."
See Images Below
Ginis says the team created computer simulations of wind, flooding and 3D visualizations to help first responders and politicians better understand the consequences of the impact of a storm in Rhode Island.
Funding to create computer models was provided by the Department of Homeland Security.
For this project, URI is teaming with The Coastal Resilience Center at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
- The Most Destructive Hurricanes Since 1950
- LIVE: Bristol’s DaPonte Jr. is Part of 1st Non-Korean K-Pop Group, EXP Edition
- A History of Hurricanes in the United States
- Rhode Island’s Biggest Storms: 75th Anniversary of Hurricane of ‘38
- Hurricanes and Other Disasters: The RI Communities at Greatest Risk
- Ghiorse: Rhode Island Can’t Breathe Easy This Hurricane Season
- John Ghiorse: Tropical Storm Arthur Attains Hurricane Status
- Providence Named Top 10 Most Vulnerable Hurricane City in US
- LIVE: Sincere Da Emcee Wants the RI Hip Hop Sound to Shine on New Album
- Carbone Joins GoLocal LIVE to Discuss His New Book About the Impact of Brown & Sharpe on RI
- LIVE: Broadcast Premiere of RI Native Johnny Gates New, Original Music
- Chef Fiske Tells Why Harbor Lights is a True Dining Destination on LIVE’s The Taste
- Preview Tuesday’s GoLocal LIVE: Musicians Take Over in the First Hour, Including Johnny Gates
- LIVE: RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic Approaching 50,000 Surgeries
- The Billy Harpin Band Performs LIVE, RI’s Next Stars?
- Business Monday on Golocal LIVE Features Discussion of RI Budget and Amazon-Whole Foods Deal
- LIVE: Stages of Freedom Creating RI Black History Tour Booklet
- Zooma’s Bisceglia Highlights the Federal Hill Summer Fest on LIVE’s The Taste
- LIVE: Creating a Customer Experience Is Key To Luca & Danni Success
- LIVE: Progress Continues On East Greenwich Animal Protection League’s New Building
- LIVE: Paralyzed to Ironman - RI’s Theroux Talks New Book “Fillet To Finish”
- Russ Moore on GoLocal LIVE Talking “Who’s Hot and Who’s Not”
- RIDE Commissioner, Goatscaping, & a Hurricane Expert on Monday’s GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Rhode Island Sea Grant Director Says Program is Still In Jeopardy
- Sommelier Wybraniec Dicussess Why Coast Guard House is Must-Experience on LIVE’s The Taste
- Kiel James Patrick, RI Sea Grant, & Summer Style with Blueprint 5 on Thursday’s LIVE
- The Power of Digital Data and Near Death Inspiration on Friday’s GoLocal LIVE
- LIVE: Summer Style & Men’s Swimwear with Blueprint 5
- LIVE: Goatscaping With “Herd of Hope” Choosing Goats, Not Chemicals To Clear Land