LIVE: RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic Approaching 50,000 Surgeries
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Ocean State Animal Coalition (OSAC) says the Rhode Island Community Spay/Neuter Clinic will complete 50,000 surgeries before July.
OSAC opened the RI Community Spay/Neuter Clinic in Warwick in July 2010.
Skrobisch says the staff routinely performs 40-50 surgeries per day.
The goal of the clinic, Skrobisch says, is to provide low-cost but high-quality spay/neuter services to help prevent the birth of unplanned litters of dogs and cats.
Reaching 50,000 surgeries is a significant milestone, and Skrobisch says it means everything.
“It means we’re on the path. It doesn’t mean we’re done,” Skrobisch says, “we have a long way to go.”
She says cat overpopulation is still a concerning issue in Rhode Island, and much of their focus at the clinic is on free roaming cats.
“I think we’re making a difference,” Skrobisch says, “I know in certain communities we’re making a real dent. In Woonsocket and Central Falls, we’re reaching a real population of people.”
- LIVE: Inside Look at New, Renovated & Historic Apartments on Downtown Providence Living Tour
- LIVE: New Chowder, New Competition at The Great Chowder Cook-Off
- LIVE: Members of “Take It To The Bridge” with Culp Perform & Talk Health
- LIVE: Access and Education Mission for Natural Sunscreen Founder
- LIVE: Critters, Clinics and Events with Providence Animal Rescue League
- LIVE: Celebrating World Ocean Day With Mystic Aquarium and A Horseshoe Crab
- LIVE: Four Office Systems To Organize
- LIVE: NYT Best-Selling Author Green Talks New Book “The Sunshine Sisters”
- LIVE: Forefather of Indie Hip-Hop, RI’s Sage Francis, Reinvents Himself in New Group
- LIVE: 12-Year-Old Quadruple Threat, Kayciblu, Performs New Song
- LIVE: Star of Netflix’s HUSH, Kate Siegel On Upcoming Projects, Motherhood, & More
- LIVE: Home Design For “Aging in Place” With Robin Garceau
- LIVE: Singer Frenchie Davis on Her RI Pride Performance
- LIVE: Advancements in Migraine Treatment and World Migraine Solidarity Day
- LIVE: Plastics And The Fight For The Future
- LIVE: Raimondo’s Mixed Signals on Paris & Burrillville, Bradford Dam Removal, and More
- LIVE: Isle Brewers Guild’s Duffy on Craft Beer, Business, and Growth
- LIVE: First Make Music Rhode Island Festival Set for June 21
- LIVE: Rhode Island Designer Andrea Valentini Launching New Fabric
- LIVE: RI Jazz Musician Kim Trusty Tells a Story of Resilience
- LIVE: Drag Queen Jacqueline Dimera Talks All Things Drag, Politics, and Pride
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- LIVE: Shopping For Swimwear With Personal Stylist Jill Marinelli
- LIVE: Stages of Freedom Creating RI Black History Tour Booklet