LIVE: Over 8,000 Expected In Newport for Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival
Saturday, October 14, 2017
27th Seafood Festival in downtown Newport.
Over the course of two days, organizers say they usually see between 8,000 to 12,000 people from across New England.
Trixie Wadson, of Bowen's Wharf Company, says the hope is people will come and spend a few days exploring Rhode Island, giving local businesses an extra boost as Newport tourist season winds down.
With food, shopping and music on-site the Seafood Festival was named one of the "10 Fabulous Fall Festivals on the Coast," by Coastal Living Magazine.
Related Slideshow: 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - October 13, 2017
Pumpkin Patch at Trinity Church Newport
The Pumpkin Patch at Trinity Church in Newport features live music, artisan craft vendors, refreshments and much more.
There will also be home-made food, hot lunches, popcorn, cider, and cold and hot drinks.
The event goes from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is FREE.
World Class Cider Takeover at Norey's
Friday is the first day of Norey's World Class Cider Takeover.
The event features ciders from all over the world.
The event goes from 4 p.m. till 1 a.m.
3- Hour America's Cup 12 Meter Racing Experience
Race aboard a 12 Meter America’s Cup contender.
Aboard the 12 Meter racing yachts, professional and friendly crew will coach those interested in a “hands-on” sailing experience, but participation is not required. No sailing experience necessary.
The event goes from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Water Brothers Pro at Second Beach
Head to Second Beach and watch pro surfers take to the waves.
The event features a full day of surfing, music, food and much more.
The event runs from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fall Weekend at Newport Storm
Head to the Newport Storm Brewery and Distillery Pavilion for a fall weekend of fun.
They will be serving warm Thomas Tew Rum Cocktails and Newport Storm Fall Storm of the Season beers.
The event goes from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Pumpkin Palooza at Frerichs Farm
Pumpkin Palooza includes various events like pumpkin painting, building your own scarecrow and much more.
The event goes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
27th Annual Bowen’s Wharf Seafood Festival
The festival offers fresh local seafood, live music all day and tons of family fun.
The festival goes from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
German Car Day at Newport Car Museum
This is a must-attend event for all car lovers.
The event will feature a German Car Corral outside of the museum from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Inside the museum, several German cars will be featured and their hoods will be up all day.
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Newport Hospital's "Fall Into Fitness" 5K Race/Walk & Family Fun Run
The race will start and finish at the Newport County YMCA, and wind along Tuckerman Avenue and Purgatory Road in Middletown.
This event benefits the breast health program at Newport Hospital.
First-place, second-place, and third-place medals for men and women will be awarded to 5K runners, and medals will be awarded to all participants in the family fun run. Activities for the entire family will be available at the finish line.
The event goes from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Guided Bird Walks at Norman Bird Sanctuary
Birding masters and beginners are invited to join our experts as they visit the best bird watching spots that the sanctuary has to offer.
How many types of birds can you pick out?
The bird walks go from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- LIVE: Stylist Olivia Rodrigues Shows Us Hot Trends for Fall
- LIVE: Roomful of Blues’ Vachon Discusses Keeping up a 50-year Blues Institution
- LIVE: Saffron, Garlic, Rose Hips, & More: URI Master Gardner Pace on Fall Herbs
- LIVE: Les Miserable’s Best Talks Playing Eponine at PPAC
- LIVE: Paddington Illustrator R.W. Alley on Upcoming Appearance at RI Festival of Children’s Books
- LIVE: Crenca on Providence Street Art, New Exhibit in October
- LIVE: Ndoye Talks TedX, Help for Sex Workers Through RI’s Weber Renew
- LIVE: Brown University Student Adapting Clothes with 21st Century Technology
- LIVE: Team Saran Hosting Fundraiser in October in Providence
- LIVE: “Discover Your Genealogy” With RI Historical Society This Saturday
- LIVE: Puerto Rico Fundraiser Taking Place this Sunday in Providence
- LIVE: Using Self-Defense Tactics to Combat Bullying, with Marc Bochner
- LIVE: PRONK! Celebrates 10 Years of Music and Community Activism
- LIVE: Custom Made Guitars With Local Luthier David Grande
- LIVE: Stand-up Comedian Carly Aquilino Talks Career, Comedy & Inspiration
- LIVE: Chachi Carvalho; Rapper, Educator & Youth Advocate
- LIVE: Four Areas to Organize With Your Kids
- LIVE: Five Reasons To Rotate Your Wardrobe
- LIVE: 11-Year-Old Ben Togbay Talks About Winning Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- “Chopped” Winner Baldini on LIVE: “There’s a Revolution of Food and Technology”
- LIVE: Reggae Artist Matisyahu at The Greenwich Odeum
- LIVE: Local Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer Taylor Helps Entrepreneurs Brand Themselves
- LIVE: RIBBA’s Goudiaby Highlights the Organization’s Annual Gala Taking Place Friday
- LIVE: Podcasting Duo Chuck and Brad Host Live Halloween Comedy Show