LIVE Nutrition: Emotional and Intuitive Eating
Saturday, August 12, 2017
All Foods Nutrition says to curb emotional eating, it’s better to think of eating in terms of appetite and hunger.
“People often blame themselves for being weak and not having willpower,” Hirshberg says, “when really they aren't meeting their physiological needs for energy or carbs.”
Hirshberg says appetite includes eating because you are experiencing an emotion, like happiness, sadness or boredom, but also includes things like your environment.
To manage both appetite and hunger, Hirshberg says practicing to eat intuitively can help.
“Intuitive eating focuses on learning to eat in response to your body signals and not denying yourself foods that you crave, but simply eating them when it serves you and you are actually hungry, making sure you are getting enjoyment from them,” Hirshberg says.
- LIVE: RI Blogger’s Geaber Talks Things to do in August
- LIVE: Kaleidoscope Theater Celebrates 40 Seasons of Theater for RI’s Children
- LIVE: Sanctuary Herbs Provides Economic Opportunity For Refuges Through Farming
- LIVE: 6 Things To Do While Preparing For A Move
- LIVE: DJ Logic Brings Project Logic to Newport Jazz Festival
- LIVE: Jazz Pianist Marilyn Crispell, Solo Performance at Newport Jazz Fest
- LIVE: Composer, Pianist and Bandleader Burton Talks Newport Jazz Festival
- LIVE: Trinity Rep Offers Limited Flash Sale of “A Christmas Carol” Tickets
- LIVE: Teen Author Alston Inspires Girls To Pursue Career in STEM Fields
- LIVE: Save The Bay’s Sabato Gives Ways To Help Keep Narragansett Bay Clean
- LIVE: Verdi Films Produces “Man in Red Bandana” Documentary on 9/11 Hero
- LIVE: Original Beach Boy Mike Love Talks Music, Career & Tour
- LIVE: Artist Laura White Carpenter Helps Patients Heal Through Art
- LIVE: Queer Eye’s Jai Rodriguez Talks ‘Sex Tips’ Vegas
- LIVE: RI Based Punk Band, Downtown Boys’ Norlan Olivo New Album
- LIVE: Internet Sensation Randy Rainbow Brings His Live Show to Providence
- LIVE: 9 Tips To Organize Your Email
- LIVE: Brown Researchers Find Evidence of Water In The Moon’s Interior
- LIVE: Writer/Director Jennifer Potts Talks Screenplay Award & Commitment to Women in Film
- LIVE: Author MacGuire Talks Irish Aristocracy in “Real Lace Revisited”
- LIVE: Cocktails & Art Go Hand in Hand at Little Bitte’s New Store Front
- LIVE: Medicinal & Culinary Plants With URI Master Gardener Melissa Pace
- LIVE: Celebrating National Lighthouse Day in Rhode Island
- LIVE: #RoseAllDay Phenomenon Boosts Newport Vineyards Production
- LIVE: Elephant Sanctuary’s Montgomery Talks Protecting & Preserving Elephants