LIVE: 3 Ways To Maintain Your Running Goals With Rancourt Of Rhode Races
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Rhode Races, says whatever your running goals are for 2018, just get started— it’s not too late. If you’ve had setbacks, don’t worry “stops and starts are part of the process” Rancourt says.
Here are three steps to maintaining a running your routine in 2018:
Rancourt says to make a plan and set goals. She says it’s important to continuously check in with yourself and that plan— it’s also ok to have some distractions.
2.Fight the mental battle
Whether you are fighting against motivation, nerves or time, Rancourt says the idea of “mind over matter” and positive self-talk can help push you through a workout.
3. Maintain the habit
To maintain the habit, Rancourt says to remember to cross-train by doing yoga, swimming or try group fitness. Cross training will also help with burnout.
- LIVE: ‘Black Panther’ Wipes Away ‘Birth of a Nation’ Stereotypes, Says RI’s Andrade-Watkins
- LIVE: Spring Fashion & Fortier Launches New Italian Lines At Blueprint 5
- LIVE: Foolproof Brewing Company Expands Outside of New England
- Tuesday on LIVE: Five For Fighting’s Ondrasik and Historian Andrade-Watkins
- LIVE: John Ondrasik of Five For Fighting Coming to Greenwich Odeum
- LIVE: NYT Bestselling Author Bloom On New Book “White Houses”
- LIVE: Graham Was “Right Man at Right Time,” Says Council of Churches’ Anderson
- LIVE: MIT Researcher Romeo On Importance Of Having Conversations With Children
- LIVE: Lilian Calderon’s Lawyer Harris Talks Next Steps, After ICE Defended Detention
- LIVE: URI Researcher Engelhart On Impacts Of A Sinking State & Rising Sea Levels
- LIVE: Providence Teachers Union Head Blasts Trump’s Guns in Schools Proposal
- Monday on LIVE: Country Artist Lamantia, Decider’s Zalben & Business Monday
- LIVE: Public Art Organization, The Avenue Concept, on Ccopacatty’s Kennedy Plaza Installation
- Friday on LIVE: Designer Artise, URI Professor Engelhart, & Speech Therapist Romeo
- LIVE: RI Coalition Against Gun Violence’s Finn On Banning Assault Weapons
- Thursday on LIVE: Vocalist Michael Andrew, Journalist Flock, & Indivisible RI’s Graham
- LIVE: Bandleader Andrew Honors American Music in FirstWorks Gershwin Songbook
- LIVE: Journalist/Author Flock On New Book “The Heart Is A Shifting Sea”
- LIVE: Graham of Indivisible RI Discusses Major Anti-Trump Rally at RI State House on Sat.
- Wednesday on LIVE: Bestselling Author Bloom, Cartoonist Parisi, & Rep. Amore Talks Guards at Schools
- LIVE: Feinberg Talks About Celebrating the Oscars at Flicker’s Red Carpet Experience
- LIVE: Lawless on McConnell’s GOP Predictions, Russian Bots, & Student Walkouts Post-Florida
- LIVE: GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Morgan Questions “Where Fung Stands” on LIVE
- LIVE: “Off The Mark” Cartoonist Parisi On Career and “Marty Pants” Book Series
- LIVE: New TV Shows This Spring & What To Watch With Decider’s Zalben